PDA

View Full Version : New vs. Original Pilot Metropolitans

heath
April 2nd, 2014, 01:43 PM
The new designs have been out long enough I feel I can ask, which do you like more, the classic or new designs?

http://distilleryimage10.ak.instagram.com/43502c72ba9c11e39d4d12e8294977ee_8.jpg

cwent2
April 2nd, 2014, 02:11 PM
Yes I do like the classic designs and the new designs - Do not like them all, but the new designs overall are not as bad as some of the photos suggested

Just opinion

kaisnowbird
April 3rd, 2014, 08:17 AM
I like my black zigzag, but i like the bronze lizard that i gifted away much more. Having said that, there are both old and new designs that i don't care for.

ArnieJB
April 3rd, 2014, 08:09 PM
I just gifted a new silver Metropolitan with the boa snake skin design to a friend. It was his first fountain pen and it is very nice. I was impressed with how smooth it is.

heath
April 3rd, 2014, 08:18 PM
I just gifted a new silver Metropolitan with the boa snake skin design to a friend. It was his first fountain pen and it is very nice. I was impressed with how smooth it is.

I think they may be about the best value for money out there. Not into all of the new designs though although I've warmed on a couple of them.

kia
April 3rd, 2014, 08:18 PM
I like the old zigzag design, I didn't care for the dots or plain.

Of the new, I like the new designs, with an exception for the purple leopard spots. Nope, don't care for that one. I do like the bronze lizard and white tiger quite a bit.

Otherwise, I think they should keep both the old and new designs in place.

distancerunner
April 4th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Black on black. Classic. Understated.

Jazz, not rock 'n roll.

Lady Onogaro
April 4th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Mine is the Violet Leopard, which I like a lot.

Runnin_Ute
April 7th, 2014, 09:38 PM
I have the black dots.