PDA

View Full Version : Question about Vintage OMAS 360

PlasticFantastic
April 4th, 2014, 12:21 AM
1066510666I recently acquired a vintage 360… have wanted one for a while.
It is pre-owned and in quite good condition.
I noticed a little dimple, which I initially thought to be a chip on the piston cap. (cf images)
However, upon looking at some pics online, it seems many vintage 360s (but not all) have this type of dimple at the same spot.
Having not been in contact with another specimen, I can't say for sure.
Is it to aid in the posting of the cap ? Don't know, but it does detract from the aesthetics of the lines.

Any thought from vintage 360 owners out there in pen land?
Should I keep or return the pen?

Thanks in advance!

kaisnowbird
April 4th, 2014, 03:55 AM
Oops... Can't view the photos.

PlasticFantastic
April 4th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Photo problem corrected...

penstaking
April 5th, 2014, 11:38 PM
plastic fan,

not sure what you mean by dimple...is it that aqua-green-coloured dot on the end cap of the pen? mine is in gold...it's some kind of pin that holds the inner turn mechanism in place...even to consider returning a (first edition) Omas 360...even if i had only the shell i wouldn't return it...but anyway...the question is, have you written with it, and what are your reactions? my 360 is the finest pen i own.

KrazyIvan
April 6th, 2014, 07:49 AM
I would consider purchasing it from you if you decide you want to return it. ;)

raging.dragon
April 6th, 2014, 02:35 PM
It's a pin attaching the blind cap to the piston mechanism. All old style 360's with a piston filler have, but depending on the angle at which the pen is viewed it may or may not be visible.

PlasticFantastic
April 7th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Thanks. I looked at some pictures on the internet and see what you guys mean.
I guess I wasn't sure if it was an imperfection / chip in the resin , having not seen a vintage 360 before in person.
As for how it writes… Great as expected.
I guess I'll be keeping it :)
Thanks for the help.