PDA

View Full Version : Visconti Van Gogh/Dali Steel Nib Wetness (or lack thereof)

ChrisC
April 4th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Hi all,

I was considering getting a Van Gogh/Dali with the Pd nib extra from Bryant. My main concern isn't really the Pd itself, but I like pens that are WET. For example, when people complained about the Homo Sapiens being way too wet and gushing, that was my cue to get a Wall Street with the same Pd nib. How wet could the Visconti Van Gogh/Dali steel nib be made? I understand there might be limitations due to the plastic feed, but if I could get the Dali steel nib to write with the same wetness as the Homo Sapiens, then I wouldn't purchase the Pd nib.

PlasticFantastic
April 4th, 2014, 11:59 AM
I have both a HS Bronze Oversize with a M Pd nib and a Van Gogh Starry Night with a M steel nib, I find that both write very well and lay down a significant amount of ink.
That said, the Pd nib is much smoother but the steel nib is quite impressive as well.
If wetness is your concern, I think you'll be fine without dishing out the extra $$$ for the Pd.

Then again, that's my experience...

DrChumley
April 5th, 2014, 10:05 AM
I have a Van Gogh in Fine and a Dali in Medium, both with the steel nibs. I wouldn't classify either of them as gushers, but I find the medium to be much wetter than the fine. Both are WONDERFULLY smooth, though. Some of the best-feeling nibs in my collection. Now that I know what I'm doing, I may attempt to increase the ink flow slightly on the Fine nib, but I would consider the medium nib to have a moderate flow, not a wet flow.

I also have a HS Bronze Age, and it was so wet it was practically unusable. I suspect if I poured ink through a straw onto the paper, it would be drier than my HS was when I got it.

ChrisC
April 5th, 2014, 10:49 AM
"Practically Unusable" ? sounds like my kind of nib...or am i not comprehending what you mean?