PDA

View Full Version : FS: Parker 61, Montblanc 225, Pelikan P1 with cosmetic defects

entropydave
April 5th, 2014, 06:32 AM
All these pens are in good condition and unless noted (there are noted cosmetic defects to some) and all write well.

All the prices are given in pounds and dollars. I am in the UK. However I will be in the US (leaving *Sunday April 6th*) shortly, so I can mail pens from within the US to avoid duty, extra postage costs, etc. Of course I can send to Europe too. Postage is *additional* to the price listed in every case.

Email (entropydave+fpg@me.com) me if you're interested.

# Parker 61, Rage Red, American fine-ish, 14k gold nib, $75/£45
The barrel, section and cap of this pen were sold to me as NOS. Certainly they seem it and the factory chalk marks on the barrel are still visible. (These wipe off.) There is no distortion in the plastic. The capillary filler unit is not NOS, but used with damage to the teflon coating that is typical. The filler works fine--the teflon is inessential. The nib is made in the USA and seems to me a fine, but I’m not expert in verifying this.

# Pelikan P1, burgundy/Silvexa, piston-filler, OF, 14k gold nib, $75/£45
These pens are secret winners. They look odd, but they are real Pelikans. They feel great in the hand, hold a ton of ink, are easily cleaned, cap securely, post, and have a classic Pelikan clip. Most of all, the nib is great, very smooth and somewhat soft.

This one has a crack at the top of the barrel. Before I fused the crack, the pen never leaked. The crack in the barrel is above the ink reservoir and sits against the friction fit piston filler, where it is not under stress. I have fused the crack using liquid plastic weld. I am not a professional restorer. Unless you look for the crack, you will not see it day to day.

# Montblanc 225, piston-filler, OBB, 14k gold nib, $85/£50
This is a Montblanc 225 with an OBB nib, including the sticker on the barrel. This 225 is somewhat unusual in my limited experience. Everything but the cap is identical to a Montblanc 220, including a yellow gold nib. The cap is brushed silver metal, supposedly platinated (i.e. faced with platinum) with a brushed yellow gold clip. The cap band that says 'Montblanc 225' is also brushed. The brushing is quite gentle. I was told by an expert who frequents FPN that these variations in the 225 existed in his experience.

The Montblanc snowflake on the binde cap is missing. This has no implications for how it works. If you were to get a replacement 'flake from any of the other 22x series pens, it can be pushed on without disassembly.

It comes with a box that came with it when I bought the pen on Penboard. It is nothing special, though it is an authentic Montblanc cardboard box. I couldn't even say if it was appropriate to the pen, but it is a nice bonus.