PDA

View Full Version : Mugdock Country Park...Of the DAMNED!

Flounder
April 6th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Most days, Mugdock is a splendid walk through nature. Other days, its a wild, waterlogged, overgrown swamp, resentful of Mans' intrusion!

Just stick to the path...

Oh, here's one of the old anti-aircraft battery whatsits.

And the underground command centre.

You shall not pass!

Wooooooo!

Dead by dawn! Dead by dawn!

What's that across the loch?

Let's get inside! We can play this "Summoning Deadites 101" reel to reel while we wait for sun-up!

Lady Onogaro
April 6th, 2014, 01:50 PM
There's still a lot of beauty to it. And as far as waterlogged, swampy terrain, well, we in Louisiana know a bit about that. :)

Jeph
April 7th, 2014, 12:49 AM
It is no wonder that they shoot so many movies up there.

scrivelry
April 7th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Reminds me of home, despite their being an ocean between the two places. The anti aircraft thingum looks a lot older than it is...

snedwos
April 7th, 2014, 09:08 AM
There's still a lot of beauty to it. And as far as waterlogged, swampy terrain, well, we in Louisiana know a bit about that. :)

Also all the nasty things that squirm in the mud down your end. Those monstrous turtles, for example.

Cottonmouths are actually kind of pretty though.

scrivelry
April 8th, 2014, 08:13 AM
I remember you had some really good photos of the coast posted, I think on your blog, but when I went to show them to a friend yesterday I could not find them. :cry:

Flounder
April 8th, 2014, 11:48 AM
They're still there - http://flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com/2013/08/mindthotless-coastal-wanderings.html

Thanks for the compliment! They were taken with the bog standard camera on my phone, as I recall.

edit - here's an extra from those snaps, a monument to the Russian cruiser 'Varyag'. I think it was scuttled there, but can't remember what the circumstances were.

scrivelry
April 8th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the link! I looked on Wikipedia and it might have been this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_cruiser_Varyag_%281899%29) ship, which seems to have had a very interesting career, and been scrapped off Scotland after running aground.