PDA

View Full Version : Ink of the Future: Grow Your Own?

inlovewithjournals
April 6th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Thomas Landrain is a biohacker from France who has successfully grown ink using pigment-producing bacteria. Listen to his fascinating story here (http://www.cbc.ca/spark/blog/2014/04/06/grow-your-own-ink/). I listen to Spark on CBC.ca all the time and as soon as I heard this I rushed to my computer to share with you all. Enjoy.

ceramic_pizza
April 9th, 2014, 01:38 PM
hmm, interesting. I wonder if the ink will be fountain pen friendly though. At this time it seems the ink is really just good as a fun kit for people to buy. I think they said that the ink changes color based on condition. A color changing ink probably won't be good for any formal situations. It'll be cool for letters though.
Now i would be happy if they could put this ink in printers. My printer has been out of ink since last year. It's just too expensive to buy more.

inlovewithjournals
April 10th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Yes you're right, the ink probably wouldn't be good for your pen. I thought the changing colors aspect was neat too, especially for letters.

My home printer has been out of ink for just as long as yours. I just can't justify the cost of buying more. It's cheaper to use the business center at Staples or Grand and Toy.