PDA

View Full Version : Visconti Opera Club Nordic Fjord Pendletuned!

ChrisC
April 8th, 2014, 10:17 AM
I have for sale a beautiful Visconti Opera Club in Nordic Fjord finish. The white marbling with blue swirls is a wonderful design and I have spent time before just gazing into it. I am selling it for $275 plus shipping with signature confirmation to CONUS, which should be about $12.

I got it Pendletuned by the great Pendleton Brown, who made this pen super-smooth, stubby, and no skipping. It also has a bit of spring that can give your writing extra character On wetness, I would say it is a 6-7/10, depending on paper and ink of course. This 14k stubby B nib is great.

It writes wonderfully, but it's just not the right fit for my hand size.

It includes the deluxe Visconti metal topped converter, and the Visconti plastic bottle will be included, albeit empty. I will also include the original faux croc leather box with booklet.

I am selling the pictured Travelling ink pot separately for $110 shipped, or $90 if bought with the pen.

Full disclosure: When I sent it to Coles of London for the nib swap before Pendletuning, they secured the nib unit into the section quite securely. It would need to be sent back to them if you wanted to remove the nib unit. Also, I tried removing the nib unit with the tool, but this caused me to chip slightly the slots for the nib tool. Also, there is a bit of dried Montblanc Irish Green ink inside the cap. It is visible if searched for because of the slightly translucent nature of parts of the marbled finish.

I know the above sounds a bit bad, but I am giving full disclosure because I am confident that the writing qualities as well as the overall appearance of the pen will completely satisfy the buyer. Also, it is not necessary to remove the nib unit in normal usage or cleaning, so it shouldn't be a problem.

agchristie
April 8th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Is the pen still available? Have been looking for the Nordic Fjord for ages!

ChrisC
April 10th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Sold