PDA

View Full Version : Waving "hello" from Riverside County, California

melissa59
May 30th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Hi everyone. :wave:

I've been reading here for a few days and just logged on to the FPG's live broadcast for the first time on Memorial Day. I thought it was time to register and officially become a part of the site.

I recognize several names from Fountain Pen Network, where I've been a member for right at a month.

My fountain pen interest is strictly writing--not collecting or drawing.

My first and so far only fountain pen is a Noodler's Konrad in beautiful Red Mesa Tortoise. I LOVE IT! (Should I hang my head in shame? LOL) It is a really fun pen that has given me hours of enjoyment in the three weeks that I've owned it. But, it's not going to work as an everyday writer. I need something less wet--something with a nice, smooth, fine line.

I'm dreaming of a Pelikan M600 EF (red or green stripes) or a Sailor 1911 F (love that full size black matte!)

In the meantime, I think I'll get a Jinhao and a Platinum Preppy--as they are about the only pens I can afford at the moment. (I'm one of those 12.8% in my county who are between jobs.)

Even though my current financial situation doesn't allow for fine fountain pens, I do enjoy living vicariously through the rest of you who so generously share your photos and experiences with your pens.

Melissa
P.S. I mailed my Micarta entry on Tuesday. I'm close, so it should arrive by deadline. I was really excited about this contest as it did not include tweeting, liking, site spamming or any sort of artistic ability. It's just a nice old-fashioned random drawing. THANK YOU, FPG!

eriquito
May 30th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Hi Melissa!

Welcome! =)

Do not hang your head in shame for any reason. A Noodler's Konrad in Red Mesa Tortoise is a very nice choice!

I'll be on the sidelines cheering for your M600 or Sailor 1911 purchase.

And, since I have you here, I'll take the opportunity to let you know that your Micarta giveaway entry was received in today's mail. WooHoo!

=) Eric

KrazyIvan
May 30th, 2012, 06:02 PM
No shame in a Konrad. No shame in any fountain pen. Welcome to the madness!

writingrav
May 30th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Welcome. A Konrad is a very respectable first pen. The worst :) is yet to come.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

goldiesdad
May 30th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Howdy Melissa ... Welcome from us in Texas

Bogon07
May 30th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Welcome Melissa59,

"My fountain pen interest is strictly writing--not collecting or drawing"
You may be surprised how quickly that will change. After a while your resistance will crumble and those dreams of new pens become a reality.

And don't forget inks either, soon one of a colour won't be enough.

Good luck with the Micarta entry too.