PDA

View Full Version : Hero 529- cartridge carrier?

inkyletters
April 10th, 2014, 03:17 PM
I received my two new Heros I ordered from the bay (they are beautiful, if they write well I might need a few more) and upon opening it up to clean it as many suggest I noticed the included converter looks very much like an international standard cartridge? Is that just wishful thinking or an actual possibility? It's probably an obvious question but I'm still very new to fountain pens (I'd never cleaned some cartridge carriers out until last week. I'd changed the cartridge at least 5 times...) so I'm learning. Also, advice on how to clean it without ammonia? The smell gives me a horrid headache.

Paul-H
April 11th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Hi

Yes its probably an International Standard Converter so can be replaced with International standard Ink Cartridges.

As for cleaning, ordinary water will do fine, the addition of ammonia is normally only of use to help remove stubborn old dried ink deposits that have been dried on for years, if you are cleaning out on a regular basis as it sound like you are ordinary water will be fine, if your local water quality is too hard then use bottled or distilled water.

Paul