PDA

View Full Version : Hello from West Michigan

ThirdeYe
May 30th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Hi everyone! I've been a member of FPN for a while (some may recognize me, others may not) and thought I'd finally take the plunge and join this site. I'm 25 and have lived in West Michigan my entire life. Taken by the love of my life, and I love birds, pens (obviously!), architecture/old buildings, video games, cars, among other things. I've been collecting FPs for a little over 1.5 years and regular pens/pencils for about 2 years. I run my own blog, though it is scarcely updated: http://derekspensandpencils.blogspot.com. I look forward to meeting you all!

Derek

writingrav
May 30th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Welcome Derek!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

melissa59
May 30th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Hi Derek!

Today is a good day for FPN members to join FPGeeks. I was browsing for penmanship information late last night when FPN went down and it's still out.

We share a love for old buildings, especially those with beautiful architecture. Sadly, there are very few in my county--and none in my city.

Melissa

Bogon07
May 30th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Welcome ThirdeYe,

I also started out collecting mechanical pencils and pen then moved onto fountain pens attracted by the incredible range of inks.

ThirdeYe
May 30th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Welcome ThirdeYe,

I also started out collecting mechanical pencils and pen then moved onto fountain pens attracted by the incredible range of inks.

For me, it was a love of Sharpies, believe it or not. It then progressed to Japanese pens/pencils and also domestic pens/pencils, and eventually fountain pens. My first was a Preppy 05 that I didn't really fall in love with. My dad found two old pens in the garage and gave them to me, and I fell in love with those and figuring out the history behind them and it's been a steep, slippery slope since then!

goldiesdad
May 30th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Howdy Derek, from us Texans ....

KrazyIvan
May 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Welcome to the board Derek.

ThirdeYe
May 31st, 2012, 07:19 AM
Thanks everyone!

Sailor Kenshin
May 31st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks everyone!

Ohai! :)

dannzeman
May 31st, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hey hey! Welcome! Make yourself at home.