PDA

View Full Version : Thrift store Parker finds...what are they?

Sailor Kenshin
April 12th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Asked for fountain pens at a thrift store, he says he doesn't have any. Just as I'm walking out the guy calls me back and sells me these.

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/9813/9731/7651/Thrift_Store_Pens-610w.jpg

What can you tell me about them, other 'n' the fact that the Duofold lacks a nib and the other one (unsure what model) looks like the feed doesn't really match up with the section?

Actually...there may be something odd with the entire section....it's shaped, smaller near the nib and feed and flaring near the threads. It doesn't look like any of the hooded Parkers I've ever seen. I don't want to try and 'force' the feed or nib.

Oddly enough, it writes with a water-dip, in a dark blue ink.

Thanks!

Jeph
April 12th, 2014, 12:42 PM
42-48 Blue button fill striped duofold lady ? I can't tell if it it a stacked coin band or brassed plain wide band.

and maybe a single jewel 51 with a melted section?

79spitfire
April 12th, 2014, 01:22 PM
They look in rough shape, someone likely robbed the nib 'because it was gold' :mad: I like the colors on the striped Duofold. The second might be a 'super' 21. It will need a new hood, that one has severe shrinkage. If it's a 51 parts are easy to come by to fix it properly. Did you get them at a good price?

Sailor Kenshin
April 12th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the info! Indeed, something looks not right about that hood.

What would be a good price? ;)

79spitfire
April 12th, 2014, 02:31 PM
ACAP...:pound:

Sailor Kenshin
April 17th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Update!

I tried removing the hood of the Super 21. No way.

So I flushed it and refilled it with a mix of half Skrip Blue Black and half Skrip Turquoise. And it writes. Really really well. It just LOOKS ugly with that shrunken hood.

So? What woulda been a good price for both?

Farmboy
April 17th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Eight dollars would be a good price.

Sailor Kenshin
April 19th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Whew.