PDA

View Full Version : Ogami Professional Notebooks

Lady Onogaro
April 15th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Has anyone tried these? http://www.jetpens.com/Ogami-Professional-Notebook-Hardcover-Small-5-x-8.25-64-Sheets-Plain-Blue-Aqua-Green/pd/12232

Would love to see or hear about any comparisons between it and the other notebook brands.

KrazyIvan
April 16th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Stone paper is a bit iffy with fountain pens. No experience with this one but I have tried two different brands. The "paper" is actually a PVC sheet or some form of plastic sheet that is coated with a form of powdered calcium carbonate or similar material. Ink acts totally different on this stuff than it does on natural paper. Some ink colors lose vibrancy or change to a totally unexpected hue. Others spread so much that the text becomes unreadable. Yet others still seem to stay wet for days making a mess of things. Some examples:

Diamine Red Dragon seemed to take to the sheets fine but changed to color to a brownish purple color. Noodler's Habanero spread into unreadable blotches overnight. Noodler's Blue was the one that stayed wet for days. I finally gave up and blotted it.

Bogon07
April 17th, 2014, 03:22 AM
Unless Ogami have improved in the past year do not buy these if you want to use them with fountain pens.
They are best used with ball points , gel & pencil.
As KI says inks stay wet for days, and many spread out in a spectacular chromatography experiment over time.

The paper has a permanent slight damp feel - the 90x140 mm notebook I bought in December 2012 still does.

Lady Onogaro
April 17th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Thank you for the reviews, Ivan and Bogon! I won't be getting these.