PDA

View Full Version : New Pen shop found in the UK

Paul-H
April 16th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Hi all

Had a bit of nice surprise today, I had to drop my Montblanc 149 into my local Boutique today to get its leaky and cracked section replaced and when I walk out of the shop I noticed a new shop opersite that looked to be selling pens, so I had a closer look and what a find it was, they where selling most brands of fountain pens, not just the usual Parker, Waterman & Sheaffer, but also from the likes of Delta, Conway Stewart, Onoto, Pelikan, Yard o Lead and many others, it was really nice to have a look at so many nice pens all in one location.

The shop was Websters Pens
Bluewater Shopping Centre
Kent

Well worth a look.

Paul

Paul-H
April 16th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Oops

Just noticed on Websters Website that the Bluewater store has been there since 1999, how did I miss it. Still well worth a look though.

Interestingly their website also claim ownership of the Montblanc Boutique at Bluewater as well, if I read it right.

Paul

amk
April 16th, 2014, 03:20 PM
A White Mountain at Blue Water.... what could be more appropriate? though they really ought to sell Monteverde pens as well, I suppose :-)

View from the Loft
April 16th, 2014, 10:24 PM
While I have used Websters at Bluewater a few years ago, I was really disappointed when they reduced the range of manufacturers' stock nibs that they sell with pens.

That said, their customer service was excellent at the time. Sadly, their reduced range was enough for me to go elsewhere.

Paul-H
April 17th, 2014, 01:52 AM
They did have a huge range of Pens in stock though and from many more makers than in my list above, I just couldn't remember all of them.

Prices where at the top end of RRP but it was nice just to see so many different makes in one place, and that is the problem with B&M Shops in expensive locations I suppose. They have High Rents and Business rates to pay.

Anyone know if their claim to own the Bontblanc Boutique opposite is true or did I read it wrong.

Quote from their site "In addition to our own "Websters" branded stores, we also have a Montblanc boutique located in the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent."

oldstoat
April 22nd, 2014, 03:53 PM
According to the Bluewater website they are separate stores but the MB store is operated by Websters. I haven't bought anything from them for a long time but their service was good, as I recall.

Does anyone know if JM Pennifeather in Hampstead is still going?

Paul-H
April 23rd, 2014, 02:28 AM
I wonder if that is why the Bluewater boutique send all its repairs direct to Germany rather than use the Montblanc Service Department that is in the UK?

What do they do in the UK Service Department if they don't do repairs.

Paul