PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Fountainbel in Belgium !

Fountainbel
May 31st, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hi dear Fountain pen geeks!
I just found this nice site and decided to join.
My name is Francis Goossens, a 66 year retired mechanical design engineer.
During my carreer I always used fountain pens and brought several young engineers back using the real writing tool: the fountain pen.
Aproximately15 years ago I've started repairing pens for my personal collection, now I also do repairs for other collectors.
Preferably I do like to do the more complex repairs.
Having a ittle shop with a precision lathe and milling machine and can make/repair every missing/broken part needed.
Given my mechanical design back ground, I also started making my own pens,s.a. : plunger fillers, pump fillers, screw piston fillers.
Being intrigued by filling systems I designed and protoyped a brand new filling system two years ago : the Fountainbel Bulk filler
The system is now in the patenting proces, and production of a "First production Run" of 60 numbered flattop demonstrators in nearly finished.
I'm personally not interested in making/ selling pens, my pleasure is in the design, prototyping and fine tuning.
Consequently CONID, a precision machine builder in Antwerp- Belgium is making the pen in small series.
Attached a picture of the Bulk filler demonstrator
Please look at the conidpen.be website for more details.
Thanks for reading so far !
Best regards, Francis

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Fountainbel%20Bulk%20filler/DSC_5610Kopie.jpg

PSmith
May 31st, 2012, 12:44 PM
Hello Francis,

Welcome to FPGeeks from a fellow countryman.
I'm sure many here will already be familiar with your high-quality designs and pens.

fountainpenkid
May 31st, 2012, 01:54 PM
I love your pens! Sooooo preety! If only you made a less expensive version! And the Conid stuff on their website is really cool also. Have any been sold? (hint: review!)

Best and Welcome!!!

Will

KrazyIvan
May 31st, 2012, 01:58 PM
Welcome to the board. I have admired your work from afar on FPN.

melissa59
May 31st, 2012, 02:26 PM
I'm personally not interested in making/ selling pens, my pleasure is in the design, prototyping and fine tuning.

Once a mechanical design engineer, always a mechanical design engineer, huh?

I want to insert the link here, so make it easier for others to see: http://www.conidpen.com

I think the snake-wrapped black pen is going to be a favorite among future Fountainbel users. My favorite is the BEAUTIFUL black and white striped pen on the far right!

Good luck to you in your endeavors! It is wonderful to see someone so passionate and so creative.

Melissa

Chi Town
May 31st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Hey Bud, I have heard your name all the time on FPN, but have never had the opportunity to actualy run across you. Now that I am, This is the first time that I have seen one of your designs.....Very Kool! Hope to talk with ya more often buddy.....Best Wishes....

goldiesdad
May 31st, 2012, 02:32 PM
Francis welcome from us in Texas ..... I like the design you posted I always loved demonstrators ... Let us know how to get one ...

dannzeman
May 31st, 2012, 03:03 PM
Francis, you're a legend and we're honored that you've joined us. Welcome.

Fountainbel
June 1st, 2012, 09:32 AM
Hi all,
Thanks for the warm welcome !
The pre-series fountainbel bulk filler demonstrator is still available, although there going fast.
Please contact : werner@conid.be when interested;
If you prefer a certain number you can ask Werner if its still available.
Francis

Rich L
June 2nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
Hi Francis,

Welcome. I've heard of you, too.

Cheers,
Rich