PDA

View Full Version : Ermmm...

inkypinky
May 31st, 2012, 01:31 PM
Hello everyone,

I live in the UK and have been a collector for several years now. Use to prefer pre 1970's pens, until I came up against the TWSBI. Boy, is that pen a good 'un! Bang-for-bucks amazin!!!
Didn't know this board existed until today when I was fishing around for pen related articles. Hope you will all be gentle with me until I get a feel for everything!

inkypinky.

melissa59
May 31st, 2012, 02:30 PM
Hi inkypinky!

I just found this forum within the past week myself. We can find our way around together.

BTW ... as a new fountain pen user, I wish I could call myself "inkypinky". Unfortunately, it seems that I tend to get ink on my pinky, ring finger, middle finger, index finger, thumb and palm! I'd have to call myself "inkyhand" and that's not nearly as cool of a name!

Melissa

goldiesdad
May 31st, 2012, 02:34 PM
I just received my 540 and can't wait to ink her up ... Welcome to the forum ...

eriquito
May 31st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Hi inkypinky!!

Welcome! I'm glad you found us =)

dannzeman
May 31st, 2012, 03:49 PM
Welcome! We're glad you've found us!

I have trouble keeping ink on just my pinky too:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/dannzeman/IMAG0085.jpg

tytoalba
May 31st, 2012, 03:56 PM
lol at the photo proof.
grateful to have stainless steel, or my name could be inky-sinky.
melissa, your bears travel? : )

Bogon07
May 31st, 2012, 05:20 PM
Inkypinky , hi and welcome to FPG.

KrazyIvan
May 31st, 2012, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the board and the sink is around here somewhere.

melissa59
May 31st, 2012, 05:39 PM
LOL! That is what my hands looked liked after messing with my Noodler's Konrad the first day I got it!

Tytoalba, the bear is Benjamin. He hasn't traveled nearly as much as he'd like. He's been to Vegas once and a few local weekend getaways, but he's not even done that in awhile.

In this pic, he's visiting Death Valley. He is thinking about posting a photo of him at Anaheim Stadium in his Angel's uniform, but he's waiting for his team to move up a bit in the rankings. :-)

tytoalba
May 31st, 2012, 05:48 PM
sort of the Flat Stanley of Beardom?
Have you seen the bear cams in Minnesota?http://www.bear.org/website/