PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Pens

changabanga
April 21st, 2014, 07:03 AM
Landed in Tokyo last night and had some free time so dropped by Ito-ya in Ginza and picked up a few Pilot Kakunos. I know these are available in the US as well, though more limited, but it got me thinking, are there any pens out there you particularly want that is only available in Japan, or much cheaper here?

From what I can tell, the Kakunos are cheaper here, but not that much, and since it's not an expensive pen to begin with, the difference isn't that big of a deal.

Ant Japan exclusive pens I should look to get my hands on while I'm our here?

Sailor Kenshin
April 21st, 2014, 07:47 AM
Maybe not pens, but those Hobonichii journals?

tandaina
April 21st, 2014, 08:10 AM
Journal stickers! Washi tape! :P Yes, I'm so easily hooked on creative office supplies.

Seriously, if anyone comes across the fine little Japanese journal stickers that include horses I'll take any you can find. I'm serious.

Cookies
April 21st, 2014, 12:08 PM
Did you see the pastel Kakunos? I haven't seen them outside of Japan yet. I would see if you could pick up a Decimo while you're there. When stationeryart carried them they were hundreds cheaper then you could get from overseas sellers.

Aleks
April 21st, 2014, 12:28 PM
i would definitely love to get my hand on one of those diamond shaped Sailor ink bottles; they're gorgeous! :D

changabanga
April 21st, 2014, 11:48 PM
Nice, thanks for the tips. I picked up two pastel Kakunos, blue and pink. I'll be on the lookout for the other stuff. Haven't found a good fountain pen place yet, berm wanting a Pilot VP and wondering if prices are cheaper out here.