PDA

View Full Version : From New Orleans

colonel4God
April 23rd, 2014, 01:16 PM
Good day y'all,

I have been a fp user for a little over two years, with a collection now ranging around 50 or so fountain pens and around the same number of inks. I love the hobby (some call it an addiction) and above all I love the community, so glad to hook up with y'all

kataish
April 23rd, 2014, 02:33 PM
Hello my friend! So nice to also be new here but still see familiar faces from Instagram

Aleks
April 23rd, 2014, 02:35 PM
Welcome! :welcome: glad to see you jump-in this ride :crazy_pilot::wave:

VertOlive
April 23rd, 2014, 02:54 PM
Welcome....now what sorts of pens do you have?

Aleks
April 23rd, 2014, 02:58 PM

straight to business :D i like it! haha

colonel4God
April 23rd, 2014, 03:47 PM

Oh my! Well...

Parker Duofold Centennial Black M
Aurora TU Black with Rose Gold Cap M
Edison Collier Ancient Marble (think that's what the color is called) M
Pilot Metal Falcon Brown SF
Lamy 2000 F
Edison Nouveau Premiere LE 2013 1.1 mm
Montblanc 146 (but it needs nib work)
2 Pilot Vanishing Points F
Sheaffer Touchdown desk pen with 24k F nib

Those are the jewels of my collection.

Got a few Lamy Al-Stars, Safaris, Joys
Various Noodler's pens
Some Monteverde pens
Some cheap Chinese pens
Some old lever fill Arnold pens

caribbean_skye
April 23rd, 2014, 04:22 PM
welcome welcome. care to share pics of the edison collier ancient marble?

inlovewithjournals
April 23rd, 2014, 04:53 PM
:welcome: Hey! I just read your blog post (http://reverencedreading.com/why-i-use-a-fountain-pen/) on why you use a fountain pen. Excellent blog and excellent post! Welcome!

TerraNoir
April 23rd, 2014, 05:54 PM
:welcome: Oh hai! A familiar face!! Welcome welcome to the forum!

colonel4God
April 23rd, 2014, 05:57 PM
@inlovewithjournals Thank you. I'll have to check out yours.

tandaina
April 23rd, 2014, 05:59 PM
Small world! Glad to see you here, great forum with really friendly folks. Very, very good at talking you into more pens. ;)

colonel4God
April 23rd, 2014, 06:00 PM

As soon, as I'm able.

colonel4God
April 23rd, 2014, 06:01 PM
Small world! Glad to see you here, great forum with really friendly folks. Very, very good at talking you into more pens. ;)

It is a small world. So not ten minutes was I on the place before I bought a lot of three vintage pens. I know.

Frank
April 23rd, 2014, 08:59 PM
:welcome:

Jeph
April 23rd, 2014, 11:58 PM
:welcome:

kenmc
April 24th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Welcome! Great to see another Louisiana member! Don't know if you remember Father Terry Koch. If you are a PCA member there are many archived issues of the Pennant with some his articles.

Lady Onogaro
April 24th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Hello to a fellow Louisianian! :) I think you would like a Parker 45, if you are looking to add to your collection.

Mags
April 24th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Welcome to the forum.

colonel4God
April 26th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Welcome! Great to see another Louisiana member! Don't know if you remember Father Terry Koch. If you are a PCA member there are many archived issues of the Pennant with some his articles.

No, I'm neither a member of the PCA nor familiar with Fr. Terry Koch, but I will check both out.

colonel4God
April 26th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Hello to a fellow Louisianian! :) I think you would like a Parker 45, if you are looking to add to your collection.

Thank you. There are few Louisianians here, but not enough!
As to the 45, the one's similar to the 51 or the more fancy one's?

colonel4God
April 26th, 2014, 10:09 PM

Here it is.

cwent2
April 26th, 2014, 10:25 PM
:welcome: to the forum, I too read your story, very good weaver of words.

Thanks inlovewithjournals for sharing the link.

Cw

Lady Onogaro
April 26th, 2014, 11:23 PM

I have a Parker 45 that is not fancy; it has a steel nib, but writes very smoothly. The cap is steel and the barrel is green. So it isn't an expensive one (I think I paid about $30.00 for it from Rick Krantz). Some people have gotten ones with 14K gold nibs for around $40.00. They are a very nice workhorse pen. If you see Rick selling any, I could recommend him as a seller.

colonel4God
April 28th, 2014, 05:05 PM

I have a Parker 45 that is not fancy; it has a steel nib, but writes very smoothly. The cap is steel and the barrel is green. So it isn't an expensive one (I think I paid about $30.00 for it from Rick Krantz). Some people have gotten ones with 14K gold nibs for around $40.00. They are a very nice workhorse pen. If you see Rick selling any, I could recommend him as a seller.

I will keep that in mind. I just picked up two new to me Parkers, which is making me a collector with 9 in the collection.

VertOlive
April 29th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Oooooh! ----> Edison Nouveau Premiere LE 2013 1.1 mm <-----

Which color!?

colonel4God
April 30th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Oooooh! ----> Edison Nouveau Premiere LE 2013 1.1 mm <-----

Which color!?

http://instagram.com/p/nCEzxEGrfH/
It's the tall one. The Nouveau Premiere Limited Editions one come in one color at a time and really liked the wood grain look of the ebonite.

Lady Onogaro
April 30th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Love, love, love the purple Kaweco Art Sport. Where did you get it?

colonel4God
April 30th, 2014, 10:09 PM

From a UK dealer, I don't remember which one. It looks great, but is as dry as the desert. I can't get anything to flow through it well. It's my first Kaweco and I'm sorely disappointed, especially since I've heard nothing but good things.

colonel4God
April 30th, 2014, 10:21 PM

http://www.andys-pens.co.uk/

LunaAzurina
April 30th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Welcome, I love your city! My husband and I took a vacation there a year and a half ago and ate our way from one end to the other with breaks for music, of course...

Lady Onogaro
May 2nd, 2014, 09:40 AM

From a UK dealer, I don't remember which one. It looks great, but is as dry as the desert. I can't get anything to flow through it well. It's my first Kaweco and I'm sorely disappointed, especially since I've heard nothing but good things.

I bought the cheapie special edition Sport (the Music one) one from JetPens after hearing they were great writers, and while mine is not a dry writer, it is far from my favorite writer. I'd rather carry a Pilot Petit 1 as a pocket writer.

writingrav
May 2nd, 2014, 10:07 AM

I bought the cheapie special edition Sport (the Music one) one from JetPens after hearing they were great writers, and while mine is not a dry writer, it is far from my favorite writer. I'd rather carry a Pilot Petit 1 as a pocket writer.

My purple swirl Art Sport came from Andy's Pens in the UK. Writes like a dream; flow is strong.

colonel4God
May 2nd, 2014, 08:57 PM

My purple swirl Art Sport came from Andy's Pens in the UK. Writes like a dream; flow is strong.

I was certainly surprised, because I've heard nothing but good things about them. I cleaned it thoroughly too.