PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ontario, Canada!

kataish
April 23rd, 2014, 02:35 PM
Hello FPGeeks!

I'm not sure how many of you will know me from Instagram (same name, overuser of the #fountainpen hash tag), but Aleks convinced me to pop over here (and by convinced, I mean enabled me to buy stuff from the for sale forums, of course). Just wanted to say hi. I'm 32 and have been using fountain pens for 10+ years but only started my serious collecting/buying habit within the last year or so. Mostly with my pens I write letters and create artwork (and other daily use things, of course. Lists! I love lists!)

Just wanted to poke my head in and say hi/introduce myself.

Aleks
April 23rd, 2014, 02:41 PM
:amen::welcome:

colonel4God
April 23rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
:bounce:

inlovewithjournals
April 23rd, 2014, 04:19 PM
:welcome: from a fellow Canadian!! Great to have you here. If you like writing letters this is the place for you!

caribbean_skye
April 23rd, 2014, 04:23 PM
welcome welcome

TerraNoir
April 23rd, 2014, 05:56 PM
:welcome: More familiar faces!!! I'm hiding faceless here! Welcome!!!

Mags
April 23rd, 2014, 09:02 PM
Welcome from Ajax Ontario. I think I have liked a few IG posts and then some you have shared.

Mags
April 23rd, 2014, 09:02 PM
I should have also said lucky you with Phidon pens so close to you.

Jeph
April 23rd, 2014, 11:59 PM
:welcome:

kataish
April 24th, 2014, 12:00 AM

I've actually never been there, I only learned of its existence about a month ago. Without a vehicle, its not an easy place to get to. HOWEVER... I want to get there as soon as possible!

kataish
April 24th, 2014, 12:01 AM
:welcome: from a fellow Canadian!! Great to have you here. If you like writing letters this is the place for you!

I'm almost CONSTANTLY writing letters, haha. I somehow kept up after InCoWriMo. I picked up at least half a dozen new penpals through Instagram, haha.

Mags
April 24th, 2014, 04:24 AM

I've actually never been there, I only learned of its existence about a month ago. Without a vehicle, its not an easy place to get to. HOWEVER... I want to get there as soon as possible!

Hopefully you will find a way to visit soon. I don't know anyone in the London Pen Club but I think they make the 20 min drive to Cambridge every so often to meet and visit Phidon Pens. It is a small store but that said I still spent hours in there checking out the pens, paper and leather products.

Scrawler
April 24th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Greetings and welcome from some other place in Ontario.

Video11
April 25th, 2014, 04:39 AM
Greetings. Did you know the London Pen Club (http://www.londonpenclub.com/meetings.htm) meets every Saturday morning at the William's Fresh Cafe on Wonderland Road South at Southdale Road? All are welcome to join us, our only rule is that we have no rules. And we do make the occasional "Field Trip" to places like Phidon Pens in Cambridge and the Michigan Pen Show. Check our our blog (http://londonpenclub.wordpress.com) for photos from recent meetings.

Cheers,

Rick

drgoretex
April 25th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Hello, and welcome, from the province next door! Will look for you on Instagram.

Cheers,

Ken

kataish
April 26th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Greetings. Did you know the London Pen Club (http://www.londonpenclub.com/meetings.htm) meets every Saturday morning at the William's Fresh Cafe on Wonderland Road South at Southdale Road? All are welcome to join us, our only rule is that we have no rules. And we do make the occasional "Field Trip" to places like Phidon Pens in Cambridge and the Michigan Pen Show. Check our our blog (http://londonpenclub.wordpress.com) for photos from recent meetings.

Cheers,

Rick

I DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS SUCH A THING :O I wish I would have seen this before TODAY (since its Saturday NOW). I am now looking at the bus schedule to see what I can do for next week, and trying to think of creative ways to package up my pens and inks to get there next week. I did see there was someone else from London (you) on the map, but had not seen any posts so I wasn't sure if you were active or not. Thank you for responding :) I'm now following the blog, and will see if I can make it out sometime soon!

writingrav
April 26th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Welcome. I don't do instagram so you are new to me. Happy to meet you, UIf you are still accepting pen pals PM your address to me. Thanks

kataish
April 26th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Hello, and welcome, from the province next door! Will look for you on Instagram.

Cheers,

Ken

I'm @kataish over there as well (pretty much everywhere online). Let me know once you add me, and I'll follow you back (though I almost always follow people back if I see fountain pens on their feed pictures, haha)

kataish
April 26th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Welcome. I don't do instagram so you are new to me. Happy to meet you, UIf you are still accepting pen pals PM your address to me. Thanks

I'm always happy to write more letters! Drop me a PM and we can exchange addresses :D

VertOlive
April 29th, 2014, 01:38 PM
I don't know from Instagram, but a warm welcome to another letter writer, kataish!

gwgtaylor
April 29th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Hello hello! :-)

kataish
April 30th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I don't know from Instagram, but a warm welcome to another letter writer, kataish!

Hello and thank you!

kataish
April 30th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Hello hello! :-)

Hello, you!