PDA

View Full Version : Kaweco News

writingrav
April 25th, 2014, 06:26 AM
(Maybe there should be a Kaweco brand thread?) After reading a report in Pen World that Kaweco was planning to release a new piston filler Sport I emailed the CEO and received a response confirming that it is in development. It is expected to be released world wide at Paper World 2015. For all? you Kaweco freaks out there.

erpe
April 25th, 2014, 07:02 AM
That is indeed good news. "In development" means modernizing the original construction I guess?

writingrav
April 25th, 2014, 07:54 AM
That is indeed good news. "In development" means modernizing the original construction I guess?

I think that is correct.

krazyklod
April 25th, 2014, 12:55 PM
That is great news, I was having a good look at the vintage piston sports and would love to get my hands on a demo piston sport.

TerraNoir
April 25th, 2014, 06:42 PM
That is super cool! I would so get one!

Newjelan
April 25th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Excellent! I will be getting one.

Jeph
April 26th, 2014, 03:02 AM
I want one, no doubt. But it will depend on the price point. Thanks for sharing, and especially confirming, the news.

klpeabody
April 26th, 2014, 07:39 AM
This is really good news. I have long been interested in seeing the original, piston filled version of the Kaweco Sport make a come-back.

Mags
April 27th, 2014, 07:13 AM
I would be interested in this new pen, is PenWorld as yet available for electronic downloads for IPads as I can never find a copy in a magazine store in the Toronto area. I keep looking though.

writingrav
April 27th, 2014, 02:59 PM
I would be interested in this new pen, is PenWorld as yet available for electronic downloads for IPads as I can never find a copy in a magazine store in the Toronto area. I keep looking though.

Not sure how quickly Pen World goes digital. Not too quickly if I remember correctly.

tandaina
April 27th, 2014, 04:38 PM
About dang time! I'd own quite a few Kawecos if they were piston fill. I have one antique which I quite like. I'll likely buy a modern piston filler if it actually releases.

Aleks
April 27th, 2014, 04:52 PM
wait a minute... i thought this was done already... am i right?!

Kaweco (http://www.jetpens.com/Kaweco-Limited-Edition-Combimatic-Celluloid-Fountain-Pen-Broad-Nib-Blue-Body/pd/10453)

is this even true?!?!?!?! :confused:

tandaina
April 27th, 2014, 05:10 PM
I'd assume this is about making a regular run of the mill Kaweco with a piston mechanism. A simple plastic piston doesn't justify a price like that. ;) (I don't think anything justifies a price like that for a Kaweco but obviously others disagreed!)

Bogon07
April 27th, 2014, 05:12 PM
wait a minute... i thought this was done already... am i right?!

Kaweco (http://www.jetpens.com/Kaweco-Limited-Edition-Combimatic-Celluloid-Fountain-Pen-Broad-Nib-Blue-Body/pd/10453)

is this even true?!?!?!?! :confused:

Kaweco Limited Edition Combimatic Celluloid Fountain PenVery attractive blue marble except the price :jaw:
You'd think they would throw in a ballpoint as well.
Only five left.....though.

Aleks
April 27th, 2014, 07:30 PM
lol this is a Fountain Pen community ... they'd be willing to disprove gravity to justify any prize hahaha! :hippie:

writingrav
April 28th, 2014, 06:30 AM
I suppose it's the material not the mechanism though I can't see any justification for the price. (Not that I wouldn't buy it if I could being an addict). The new piston that I began this thread with, according to the email I received from Kaweco, will be priced between the AL Sport and the Art Sport. Not too bad, I think.

kaisnowbird
April 29th, 2014, 05:23 AM
I suppose it's the material not the mechanism though I can't see any justification for the price. (Not that I wouldn't buy it if I could being an addict). The new piston that I began this thread with, according to the email I received from Kaweco, will be priced between the AL Sport and the Art Sport. Not too bad, I think.

That's more reasonable, depending on the actual material.

I was struck dumb for a moment when I saw that the $620 pen is still fitted with the $2.50 clip.

writingrav
April 29th, 2014, 05:55 AM

That's more reasonable, depending on the actual material.

I was struck dumb for a moment when I saw that the $620 pen is still fitted with the $2.50 clip.

Agreed. Even the Luxe Sport has a nicely fitted clip. Though the advantage of the removable clip is that you can remove it and the pen looks better. The Visconti Sport has no clip either.

VertOlive
May 2nd, 2014, 05:55 PM
I just saw the AL-Sport in Stonewashed Black at Cult Pens. This might be the Kaweco I try...anyone know if theyre available in the US yet?