PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation on Diamine ink, every day use

ulix_s
April 26th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Hello everybody,
I'm using my kaweco sport everyday for the works at uni, resulting in writing very much.
I'm using Kaweco Black ink, but I notice this ink smears a lot. Sometimes when someone touches the letters the ink smears after drying 2/3 days.
I'm a fan of Diamine inks, but I'm not sure which ink to test at first, could you recommend a ink, which doesn't smear (mustn't be black, maybe blue) and has a moderate drying time.
I do a lot of work with my fountain pen, sometimes I must add some things to my written things, and only slight touching of the black ink makes it smear, so my papers seem very nasty.
For any help I would be very gratefully
cheers

bleunuitguy
April 26th, 2014, 06:24 AM
Diamine Midnight or Twilight Blues?

Alex2014
April 26th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Diamine Midnight or Twilight Blues?

Both are superb. I like also Asa Blue

Jon Szanto
April 26th, 2014, 01:19 PM
+1 on Midnight.

writingrav
April 26th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Diamine Twilight is the perfect ink for your purposes imho. I use it everyday in my Kaweco Luxe Sport.

reprieve
April 26th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I like Midnight as well. It's probably one of my favorite dark blues and is very well behaved. I've never experienced smearing with it (after it's dry, that is), even on Rhodia. I also quite like Diamine Prussian Blue and Eau de Nil.

I would stay away from Majestic Blue, though, which is a beautifully striking ink but it's highly saturated and prone to smearing in my experience.

AndyT
April 27th, 2014, 03:31 AM
I would stay away from Majestic Blue, though, which is a beautifully striking ink but it's highly saturated and prone to smearing in my experience.

I agree, unfortunately. It's one of the most spectacular blue inks available at any price, but not a practical daily writer unless drying time is no object, and smearing is definitely an issue. To the above recommendations I'd add Sapphire Blue, but it prefers good paper.

mtnbiker62
April 27th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Cult Pens Deep Dark Blue...that and Iroshizuku Shin-kai are my favorite blue/blacks, and the DDB is MUCH cheaper!

oldstoat
April 28th, 2014, 01:23 AM
I love Majestic Blue but it is slow to dry and will smear. It may be wasted on rapidly written Uni notes and essays. Midnight Blue is my choice of daily dark blue ink. Perfectly behaved, dries rapidly and looks good.

TPC James
April 29th, 2014, 03:34 AM
Hi,

If you're not dead set on blue maybe you consider one of the browns (sepia is nice) or grey both different but not too out landish - I'm hooked on grey at the moment!

Jeph
April 29th, 2014, 03:55 AM
What paper are you using? I have no experience with Kaweco inks but that much drying time surprises me although I have heard of it from some other inks.

I also cast my vote for Midnight. I used to use eclipse almost always, but it almost always just looked black. It is not an instant dry ink, but dries to the touch on Rhodia within 20 seconds. Faster on more absorbent (copy) paper.

carlos.q
April 30th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Diamine Sapphire is a nice, bright blue with surprising water resistance. :thumb:

jacksterp
May 4th, 2014, 10:38 PM
For springtime and summer a favorite is Mediterranean Blue.

Very cheerful.

View from the Loft
May 5th, 2014, 02:05 AM
Another vote for Diamine Midnight. Another thing to consider is that I carry a sheet of blotting paper in my notebook at work (I just pop it so that it will act on the page I have just finished as I turn the page).

Avalona
May 8th, 2014, 06:50 AM
For a not-blue, I like Chocolate Brown (very deep, dark, rich brown) or Graphite (almost but not quite the color of a pencil. It leans a bit green). And I agree with having a sheet of blotting paper with you - you can use one sheet for forever!

snedwos
June 20th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Another plus one for graphite. Though I would love an ink with the hue of Graphite and the tone/value of Diamine Grey.

AtomicLeo
June 20th, 2014, 10:58 AM
+1 on Twilight and Midnight. Great blue inks for work.

Nonsensical
June 25th, 2014, 10:52 AM
I've really been using Diamine Florida Blue a lot lately. It's a really nice ink and well behaved. No drying or smearing issues either.

johnus
June 25th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Been using Diamine Macassar, nice but could be darker.
( believe it must be named after the color of it's wood namesake).

oldstoat
June 26th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Another +1 for Midnight, but Diamine Blue-Black is pretty good too

Cob
July 8th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Yes I've had good results with Diamine blue-black - and it's a true blue-black.

Also Diamine's Grape and Eclipse.

Cob

Empty_of_Clouds
July 8th, 2014, 05:10 PM
I rather like Diamine Denim as a daily user, but I use Eclipse as well.

Newjelan
July 9th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Diamine (Cult Pens) Deep Dark Blue is a great colour ink too.