PDA

View Full Version : Filling my Pen

bdpatton2
April 1st, 2010, 05:23 PM
When to do it, how often, do I clean if first, etc.? I saw eriquito's post on piston filler pens, but was looking for a little more basic information. I have a Wearever Pacemaker. It doesn't allow you to pull out the converter, but it does have a lever that I assumed you used to vacuum up into the catridge I'm guessing sits inside of the pen.

Here's a newer version of the pen I have: http://www.penhero.com/PenGallery/Wearever/Pics/WeareverGallery16.jpg

If someone could fill me in on the ink essentials for fountain pens I would greatly appreciate it.

Ben

eriquito
April 1st, 2010, 10:57 PM
Hi Ben,

Well, I admit that I know absolutely nothing about the Wearever Pacemakers, but if your pen has a lever like the pens in the photo you have shared, then I'm guessing you have a lever filler pen.

Click here (http://richardspens.com/?page=ref/fillers.htm#lever).

If it were my newly acquired pen, I'd put some tap water in a small glass, pretend it was ink and follow the instructions for filling a lever filler (from the link above).

I'd want to see if it could suck up water. If it does, I'd want to see if it can hold that water.

Anyway, that's the first thing I'd do if it were my pen. If the water test went well, then I'd start thinking about what color ink I'd want to use =)

Please keep us posted!
Any chance of getting a picture or two?

Eric
Son of Ragnar

bdpatton2
April 2nd, 2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks Eric. I'll try that trick during lunch.

eriquito
April 2nd, 2010, 12:32 PM
Ahoy Ben!

How did it go with H2O?

Ack, I'm a poet!

=) Eric
Son of Ragnar

Sent from my 1st Generation iPhone with Lock-Down filler using Tapatalk

bdpatton2
April 12th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Worked like a charm!

eriquito
April 12th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Worked like a charm!

Ben! Where have you been? I've missed you terribly =)

It's been ten days since the "water test." Have you put ink in the pen yet?

Please tell me you have a picture to share with the rest of us. I'm not sure I can hold my breath much longer.

=) Eric
Son of Ragnar

bdpatton2
April 22nd, 2010, 08:50 AM
The water test worked wonders eriquito!! I just got two more pens in today and I'm gonna take pics of the pens and their writings and do a little review on them so all you guys can get the downlow on these new pens. Also I just bought my first waterman phileas (which im pretty excited about) I'll have more on that when it arrives. Thanks for the help once again.

dannzeman
April 23rd, 2010, 09:16 AM
The water test worked wonders eriquito!! I just got two more pens in today and I'm gonna take pics of the pens and their writings and do a little review on them so all you guys can get the downlow on these new pens. Also I just bought my first waterman phileas (which im pretty excited about) I'll have more on that when it arrives. Thanks for the help once again.
It's about time you got back here. Did you fall off the face of the earth, or what?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

bdpatton2
April 23rd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Dood, I've just been busy. I have bought a Montblanc and a Waterman!!!!

bdpatton2
April 23rd, 2010, 11:08 AM
DO forums organize themselves by the most updated forum to the least updated forum?

dannzeman
April 23rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
DO forums organize themselves by the most updated forum to the least updated forum?
This would be a great question to post in the Site Feedback forum. But, since we're here, within each forum the newest thread is shown at the top. Then within each thread the newest post should be shown at the bottom.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk