PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Would you like Pilot to offer their entire fountain pen lineup in the US?

dannzeman
April 27th, 2014, 11:25 AM
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11090&stc=1

Just out of curiosity, how many of you would be in favor of Pilot bringing the Custom Heritage 912 and Custom 743, or their entire lineup for that matter, including the FA Falcon nib, to the US?

trhall
April 27th, 2014, 08:37 PM
They should bring their whole line to the US.

00Photo
April 27th, 2014, 10:32 PM
No. I want to be able to pull a pen out of my purse and hear the stunned silence of the crowd as they all realize it is a JDM Pilot. They will then revere me and elect me their leader.

Silverbreeze
April 28th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Being cheeky :

@silverbreeze: @FPGeeks @PilotPenUSA everything exspecally the nibs and I know @BrianGoulet_ would sell whatever they allow

jar
April 28th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I imagine folk that like their nibs would like to see greater availability but there are no Pilot products I want that are not already available except the nice old style discontinued Vanishing Points.

migo984
April 28th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Being in the UK I'm not bothered if they are stocked in the US or not. I buy my Pilot FPs from Japan, even when they are available from a UK supplier, because they are much cheaper, even factoring in shipping and possible customs charges. If they were stocked in the US I wouldn't buy from there because a) shipping from the US is ridiculously expensive and b) it is very slow compared to Japanese EMS.

hunnymonster
April 28th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Has USPS stopped accepting inbound international post?

Those that want can get. Those that don't want are unlikely to either look at or buy even if they were on special at Walmart...

Silverbreeze
April 28th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Has USPS stopped accepting inbound international post?

Those that want can get. Those that don't want are unlikely to either look at or buy even if they were on special at Walmart...

I like supporting small shops like the Goulets and Andersons though. At a certain point it's want rather then need

hunnymonster
April 28th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Right, but if it was in their interests to stock them, then they would. If there's insufficient demand, then they won't.

Robert
April 28th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Engeika suits me fine for Pilot (and other brands, too). Shipping is free over a certain amount and, in my experience, selection and service have been great. Hard to believe a U.S. seller could beat Engeika on price.

kallenpj
April 28th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Right, but if it was in their interests to stock them, then they would. If there's insufficient demand, then they won't.

Brian Goulet has specifically stated that if the whole Pilot line was available, then he would stock them... That being said, these are still businesses, the running of which sometimes requires hard business decisions.

discopig
April 29th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Buying domestic would be great, but for now I just order from Rakuten or Engeika so it doesn't bother me too much.

VertOlive
April 29th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Engeika got me a great 3776. That said, I felt shaky throughout the process and would prefer buying from a US dealer.

mhosea
April 29th, 2014, 06:40 PM
I said yes, but honestly, I'm not really in the market for Pilot pens anymore, and I might never be again, so maybe I should have said no.

Lady Onogaro
April 29th, 2014, 09:35 PM
You make me laugh, Hector. (I needed that.)