PDA

View Full Version : Musk Green Visconti Van Gogh

Murfie
April 27th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Here are some photos of my latest acquisition - a musk green Visconti Van Gogh with a fine 14kt gold nib. Beautiful pen with a wonderful nib. The color variation in the material is hard to capture in a photograph, but in the hand it is quite stunning. The nib is typically Visconti - smooth, wet and wonderfully consistent in flow. This is the older model Van Gogh with the gold nib and I picked it up NOS from a retailer who only carries fountain pens as a sideline, thanks very kindly to a heads-up from Bogon07 - the great enabler! :)

Lady Onogaro
April 27th, 2014, 08:41 PM
It's a lovely thing. I just got a Visconti Rembrandt, and it is quickly becoming a favorite.

Murfie
April 27th, 2014, 08:42 PM
It's a lovely thing. I just got a Visconti Rembrandt, and it is quickly becoming a favorite.
I've also got two Rembrandts (orange EF flex and black B) on their way to me from Marco at Novelli in Rome. Can't wait to get them too and I will post the photos here when they turn up.

KrazyIvan
April 27th, 2014, 09:29 PM
It would make a good combo with Stipula Musk Green ink.

Bogon07
April 27th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Great photos Murfie, they almost convinced me to buy one but then I remembered I've one already.
I like the look of the big yellow blob near the end of the body it looks just like a lump of oil paint being mixed with another.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the nib.
Mine somehow feels different from my other Visconti nibs - I have an urge to push it almost like a Noodler's flexnib.

Murfie
April 27th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Great suggestion, Ivan. I have a bottle of the said ink, but for some strange reason I initially filled it with Diamine Salamander. Not far away, but you are right in that musk green would be better. Change coming up ...

Llewellyn
April 28th, 2014, 03:13 AM
Glad to hear you are enjoying the nib. Mine somehow feels different from my other Visconti nibs - I have an urge to push it almost like a Noodler's flexnib.

Funny you should say this. The nibs on my two feel different to my other Visconti nibs. I can't quite explain how they feel different, they just do. They're both great writers - I will be looking out for some more.

KrazyIvan
April 28th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Great suggestion, Ivan. I have a bottle of the said ink, but for some strange reason I initially filled it with Diamine Salamander. Not far away, but you are right in that musk green would be better. Change coming up ...

If only for the name. I find they are both really close with Stipula leaning a bit more brown.

Laura N
April 28th, 2014, 06:17 PM

I had the exact same thought!

Nice pen, Murfie!

kaisnowbird
April 29th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Hurray, the musk green is exquisite, Murfie. Like Bogon said above, the material looks like real oil paint being mixed together inside the resin. Mesmerising. It's a tool for a real artist (at heart or in profession).

My Van Gogh maxi's F nib is probably like Bogon's -- a bit different, but it's getting better and better these days. Glad to hear that your musk green is great out of the box.