PDA

View Full Version : Inkjet/Laser printing on Tomoe River

jackwebb
April 28th, 2014, 10:38 PM
In my ballpoint days I have ordered monogramed stationary and note cards from Crane & Co, but decided to create a custom monogram to be used with the new papers I have been using for Fountain pens (that and the fact Crane thinks very highly of its customized paper as is reflected in their price). I ordered an embosser and wax seal with my new monogram, however, my new favorite paper is Tomoe River in B5 size, and I'm not sure it will lend itself comfortably to use with embossing. I decided to see if it were possible to run the Tomoe River through a desk printer for use with my custom monogram, and I must say it turned out quite nicely with no wrinkling or other issues. I may order an inked stamp in the future, but thought I would share my findings.

Photos taken with Tomoe River sheet laying on top of standard copy paper for contrast.
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/irontomkidd/paper/IMG_0103_zpsf16f29d0.jpg

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/irontomkidd/paper/IMG_0102_zps060b424d.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Joe

Lady Onogaro
April 28th, 2014, 11:30 PM
That's cool. Thanks, Joe. I might give that a try, too.

Denise

jackwebb
April 28th, 2014, 11:37 PM
That's cool. Thanks, Joe. I might give that a try, too.

Denise

Glad you like it. Post your results if you get a change I love monograms and letterheads, and would be interested to see how it worked for you.

Joe

VertOlive
April 29th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Very interesting! I've been using rubber stamps to turn mine into "stationery"...this looks like a good alternate! I'd have thought it might be too thin and get crumpled in the printer! Nice monogram, by the way.

jackwebb
April 29th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Very interesting! I've been using rubber stamps to turn mine into "stationery"...this looks like a good alternate! I'd have thought it might be too thin and get crumpled in the printer! Nice monogram, by the way.

Thanks. I figured it wouldn't be too much of a waste to try one sheet if it didn't work. Funny thing is I have a real nice all in one printer that's out of toner right now so I used a $25 inkjet. I was thinking about using rubber stamps, and would like to see how yours looks if you get a chance.

Joe

writingrav
April 29th, 2014, 02:59 PM
I used Tomoe River paper all through Incowrimo with the bowtie logo and my address etc. It was run through my laser printer and mostly worked but occasional sheets were lost to wrinkling or even crumbling. I decided not to push my luck after Incowrimo ended.

jackwebb
April 29th, 2014, 03:05 PM
I used Tomoe River paper all through Incowrimo with the bowtie logo and my address etc. It was run through my laser printer and mostly worked but occasional sheets were lost to wrinkling or even crumbling. I decided not to push my luck after Incowrimo ended.

Did you load the paper tray with it or just send a sheet at a time through?

writingrav
April 29th, 2014, 03:06 PM

Did you load the paper tray with it or just send a sheet at a time through?

I usually did 5 sheets at a time placed on top of a stack of regular copy paper.

TMLee
April 29th, 2014, 08:42 PM
That's cool :thumb

And I am surprised the copier can manage such thin paper.

I think I'll try something too ...

bertcarson
April 29th, 2014, 09:16 PM
I've been doing it on an HP 8100 and lost a lot of paper until I found the "other specialty paper" setting under printer properties - media - now I can run as many as forty sheets at a time without so much as a wrinkle

jackwebb
April 30th, 2014, 01:50 AM
I've been doing it on an HP 8100 and lost a lot of paper until I found the "other specialty paper" setting under printer properties - media - now I can run as many as forty sheets at a time without so much as a wrinkle

Interesting I'll have to look for that.