PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from S. Korea, rather be in Raleigh

Captain Ahab
May 31st, 2012, 06:32 PM
Hi All - Greetings I was new on FPN just as it went down, and now here I am. I hope those two events weren't connected. I've been enjoying old Geek of the Week podcasts for the last few weeks, great fun, and I've learned a lot.

My pen collection is small, so far, but my pen passion was recently ignited by the puchase of several Noodler's Ahabs, and the gift of a TWSBI. I really think it was the TWSBI that pushed me over the edge. What a pen! I'm waiting for my first vintage fp to arrive from an eBay purchase in the US. If that works out well, I can imagine it will be hard to resist the urge to grow it some.

My US home is near Raleigh. I've never been to a pen show, so I feel a strong pull to be there now. Looking forward to reading about it here.

Cheers!

writingrav
May 31st, 2012, 06:35 PM
Welcome aboard Captain

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KrazyIvan
May 31st, 2012, 06:36 PM
Welcome aboard Cap'n. :)

melissa59
June 1st, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hi Captain! I was also fairly new on FPN when it went down and, like you, have been listing to past FPGeek broadcasts.
I guess that the FPN outage was a good thing -- for those of us who found the FP Geeks forum.

It appears you are quickly getting into the fun of fountain pen collecting. Four weeks ago, I swore I wouldn't need more than one fountain pen. But I was wrong. I'm now realizing that is like saying my Noodler's BP Black is the only ink I need. Who wants to write with black forever, and ever, and ever?

goldiesdad
June 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
Welcome ... My nephew is on his final days in the service in Korea ... I have asked him to find me some fountain pens ...