PDA

View Full Version : I never seem to come across a Sailor KOP Realo for sale, either in the classifieds or

Wolverine1
April 29th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I would like to own a used Sailor King of Pen Realo ( with a piston fill mechanism) instead of the standard Sailor KOP that is commonly available with the C/C filling system. I have been looking for a few years, but I have never seen a KOP Realo show up either on the classifieds here or on the other pen forums, or on EBay. I am curious as to why it is so.
Do you all have any ideas?
Thanks
-Sid

00Photo
April 29th, 2014, 07:16 PM
A. Unicornian rare. There are only 600 in the world.
B. My Precious.
C. My Precious.

Murfie
April 29th, 2014, 07:35 PM
I have been looking for a few years, but I have never seen a KOP Realo show up either on the classifieds here or on the other pen forums, or on EBay. I am curious as to why it is so.
Sid, I think it would have a lot to do with owners being so pleased with what they bought, that they would never think of selling them. If you go through certain pen models you will notice a similar trend. You notice the KOP Realo in particular because you are looking for one, but there are several others that rarely come up. For example, seen a Pilot Bamboo offered lately? Pens offered for resale are those that haven't satisfied their owners in some way or another, with the exception of someone trying to raise some cash in desperate circumstances. But even then you keep your best pens till last.

Wolverine1
April 29th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Thanks, Murfie and 00Photo.

kaisnowbird
April 30th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Pens offered for resale are those that haven't satisfied their owners in some way or another, with the exception of someone trying to raise some cash in desperate circumstances. But even then you keep your best pens till last.

Very true. Another exception is where you actively seek them out from their hiding places and make offers that are hard to ignore.
Recently a collector managed to pry some nice pens out of my hands when I wasn't even looking to sell them. But when he put his offer on the table, I knew that this guy wants these pens much more than I want to keep them, so a deal was made. I may one day regret selling them, but he won't worry about that.

Silverbreeze
April 30th, 2014, 11:53 AM
B. My Precious.
C. My Precious.

Don't own one
But I know an owner and yes she does a good One Ring impression with it

Jackson
April 30th, 2014, 12:01 PM
B. My Precious.
C. My Precious.

And of those, only 100 sold in the US, I hear.
We wants it...!