PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Atlanta, GA

Bamboo
May 1st, 2014, 03:32 PM
Hello, new pen enthusiast here. I've been writing with pens my whole life, but just recently decided to get into some quality roller and fountain pens.

Bonus, I grew up with The Pen Addict himself! He has helped advise me on my journey, by giving me some great advice on some quality roller pens that I promptly ignored and went straight to the Fountain! Talk about putting the cart before the horse!

Last month I ordered 2 Jinhao pens and a Pilot Iroshizuku sample set from another recommended site, and have been loving them immensely! I don't know if it's the differen pens or inks, but they write so differently! One is an X450 inked with Asa-gao and the other is a X750 inked with Take-sumi. The X450 writes like a F/EF, and the X750 writes like a B!

I now have order #2 on the way, with a few more nibs to play with between both pens. I'd like the 750 to write a little more fine, and the 450 to write more broad. So I'll be swapping nibs and playing with that.

I also have a few bottles of ink on the order, so I look forward to that as well.

Who knew writing could be so fun!

Bamboo...

TerraNoir
May 1st, 2014, 03:52 PM
:welcome: That must be awesome to have grown up with THE Pen Addict!! I am curious. What was the "recommended site" that has a Pilot Iroshizuku sample set? I'm curious as to what that looks like.

Though I have to agree that the X750 writes like a B or a juicy M. Are you still using the converter it came with or upgraded?

caribbean_skye
May 1st, 2014, 08:27 PM
welcome welcome.

cwent2
May 1st, 2014, 08:38 PM
:welcome:to the forum, and to the obsessio.... er Hobby.

Jeph
May 1st, 2014, 11:46 PM
:welcome:

Frank
May 8th, 2014, 08:33 PM
:welcome:

writingrav
May 8th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

VertOlive
May 8th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Welcome Bamboo! So you Dad is THE pen addict? I have read that certain addictions run in families-- enjoy!

Bamboo
May 9th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Welcome Bamboo! So you Dad is THE pen addict? I have read that certain addictions run in families-- enjoy!

LOL, no, just friends from H.S. He has been helpful on my 'journey' - already 2 orders from Goulet Pens and a third will come next payday!

Gotta pace myself!

Bamboo...

Lady Onogaro
May 9th, 2014, 11:54 AM

LOL, no, just friends from H.S. He has been helpful on my 'journey' - already 2 orders from Goulet Pens and a third will come next payday!

Gotta pace myself!

Bamboo...

Pacing oneself with purchases from Goulet.....[musing] Is that possible, I wonder?

Malcolm
May 12th, 2014, 02:08 AM
Hello Bamboo...:welcome:

bertcarson
May 14th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Welcome Home Bamboo