PDA

View Full Version : Help me identify this pen

Avastgard
May 4th, 2014, 12:37 PM
I need help identifying this pen. Seems to be a chinese pen, but I can't tell the brand (the logo on the nib resembles Hero, but it is different). The converter doesn't have any particular clues. Please see images attached.

Avastgard
May 4th, 2014, 01:57 PM
I have another one to be identified. It says 'Reservoir' on the clip. The nib says "WARRANTED DURIPOINT MADE IN USA":

jar
May 4th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Try sizing your pictures.

Avastgard
May 4th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Does the forum have any size specifications?

Jeph
May 5th, 2014, 12:10 AM
The first one says CHINA on the nib so that part is spot on. Other than that I have no clue. Only a few of the Chinese pens have progressed enough to become "branded."

The other is probably a 3rd or 4th tier pen from some obscure (to me and the allmighty Google) maker. It is important to get the writing on the nib in focus for future referecne but I suspect that it is also a generic steel nib that we will not be able to trace. I would be surprised if it were not at least 50 years old though. It it works, and writes well it really does not matter other than for resale.

I usually resize my pictures for posting to be no more than 1200 pixels wide. Less if I am not trying to show any detail. Sometimes I forget though.

jar
May 5th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Does the forum have any size specifications?

It's usually best to keep widths under 800px.

Avastgard
May 5th, 2014, 08:16 AM
The first one says CHINA on the nib so that part is spot on. Other than that I have no clue. Only a few of the Chinese pens have progressed enough to become "branded."

The other is probably a 3rd or 4th tier pen from some obscure (to me and the allmighty Google) maker. It is important to get the writing on the nib in focus for future referecne but I suspect that it is also a generic steel nib that we will not be able to trace. I would be surprised if it were not at least 50 years old though. It it works, and writes well it really does not matter other than for resale.

The nib says "WARRANTED DURIPOINT MADE IN USA". I have searched Google for the name on the clip ("Reservoir") and for "Duripoint". The latter shows almost no relevant matches, and the former shows an infinity of irrelevant matches (just imagine the amount of stuff written on the web about fountain pens and "Reservoirs").

I usually resize my pictures for posting to be no more than 1200 pixels wide. Less if I am not trying to show any detail. Sometimes I forget though.

I'll do that as soon as I have some time. Uploading stuff from my PC takes forever. Perhaps I'll host the pictures on some website and then link them.