PDA

View Full Version : Myndology Notebooks

Lady Onogaro
May 4th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Has anyone used these or tested the paper?

http://www.shopwritersbloc.com/mybajosacoru.html

VertOlive
May 4th, 2014, 07:02 PM
LadyO, I'm hiring you as my Personal FP Shopping Manager! These go on the Buy Next list for my workout journal!

Lady Onogaro
May 4th, 2014, 07:27 PM
LadyO, I'm hiring you as my Personal FP Shopping Manager! These go on the Buy Next list for my workout journal!

My reservations, VertOlive, is that the paper is 70g. Is there a big difference in how much show-through you get compared to 80g paper?

I am hoping Heath will see this and give one of them a try. (Love his reviews.)

dr.grace
May 6th, 2014, 10:14 AM
I used some of these a few years ago. The paper is quite good, with no bleed or show-through. However, it's not my favorite, as I prefer bright white paper, rather than this cream color. The paper covers are attractive, but they tend to get beaten up over time if you carry the notebooks around. The ring system is similar to Levenger's circa, but I don't believe the pages are cross-compatible.

Silverbreeze
May 7th, 2014, 08:52 PM
I used some of these a few years ago. The paper is quite good, with no bleed or show-through. However, it's not my favorite, as I prefer bright white paper, rather than this cream color. The paper covers are attractive, but they tend to get beaten up over time if you carry the notebooks around. The ring system is similar to Levenger's circa, but I don't believe the pages are cross-compatible.

Next time I am ordering paper I will try to remember to get a refill and compare the slots to my Levenger and M by Staples paper

dr.grace
May 8th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I just checked. Although the rings on the Myndology are slightly wider than the Circa, the spacing is the same, and the paper can be interchanged. However, the Circa junior size paper is taller and narrower than the Myndology, so the result of swapping paper between the two systems is rather messy.

By the way, because the rings in the Myndology notebook are wider, the paper doesn't pop out as readily, which to me is a good thing. With the Circa notebooks, it's annoying to have a page come out when turning it over, which frequently happens while I'm taking notes during a seminar.

Avalona
May 10th, 2014, 08:01 AM
I've got a Myndology notebook. Paper's nice - I don't get any real bleedthrough even with my calligraphy nibs (haven't tried my few broad nibs). They're cross-compatible with the Atoma system. I use Atoma much more than Myndology, because Atoma is much easier for me to acquire here in Canada than Myndology, and I can easily combine the paper of both the Journal size in Myndology and the A5 in Atoma into one journal.

dr.grace
May 11th, 2014, 02:59 PM
I just wrote in one of my Myndology notebooks with a wet-writing pen. There is some show-through on the opposite side. It's still useable, but I'd recommend lighter inks and pens with moderate flow.