PDA

View Full Version : ...the bold stroke of confidence

rberg6868
May 6th, 2014, 10:02 PM
I was looking through a book on typography in art journalling and I came across this statement by Aimee Dolich that I think, with beauty and truth, sums up what many of us believe about writing. In many ways it could serve as a mission statement for me when it comes to writing. Dolich had arranged it into an art piece with a few different types of hand drawn fonts. This is my version of her work.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/2agyzy3u.jpg
The text reads:
The act of writing something by hand is the ultimate form of word processing in that even the slightest mark on paper reveals a depth of expression that the click of a keyboard will never know. It captures the bold stroke of confidence, the shake of uncertainty, the scribble of haste, the flourish of fancy and other telling details of life's trials and tales. It shows the effort of an idea being shaped into existence and the flow of thought from mind to hand that says with such authenticity, a human was here and took the time to leave a message. -Aimee Dolich

Jon Szanto
May 6th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Sorry, my eyes were immediately drawn to the typo. Or should we call it a hando?

rberg6868
May 7th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Sorry, my eyes were immediately drawn to the typo. Or should we call it a hando?

Yes, didn't see it as I was writing, now it's all I see. Oh well, "the scribble of haste" eh?

Crazyorange
May 7th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Wonderful. Handos are the best. It's real and creative. No art is perfect.

VertOlive
May 7th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Nice quote. Sometimes my "scribble of haste" is my end-of-the-day shakes and a fine point...

Jeph
May 7th, 2014, 09:23 AM
I think that it makes it better.