PDA

View Full Version : Bond, Basildon Bond - cheap but nice writing paper

Jolltax
May 7th, 2014, 03:07 AM
I started writing letters to my kids as I spend a lot of time away from home at work and its a good way of combining my FP addition and staying in touch. Much hilarity ensued at home because, if you are 10 years old, letter-writing is something that they did in the 'olden days'.

Anyway I bought this super-cheap writing paper from WH Smiths in the UK, it was languishing at the back amongst the other unloved stuff. I think I paid £3.99 for the pad and £3 for the matching envelopes. It is FP friendly (see below) and nice quality plus I remember my Dad using the same brand when I was a squib hehe

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e352/Jolltax/Pen%20Stuff/BB_zpsc13ccdfc.jpg

Buy a pad and write a love letter to your significant other ...... just a suggestion

<3

Jolltax

Deb
May 7th, 2014, 03:46 AM
I use nothing else for the writing samples for my sales site. It has remained completely consistent over many years.

rafapa
May 8th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Do you know if there are A5 pads? I cannot find them online.
Best regards,
Rafael

Deb
May 8th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Amazon UK seems to have the full range. The only ones in A5 that I can see are airmail pads and lilac coloured pads. The rest are in sizes that don't conform to the 'A' paper standard.

rafapa
May 8th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Amazon UK seems to have the full range. The only ones in A5 that I can see are airmail pads and lilac coloured pads. The rest are in sizes that don't conform to the 'A' paper standard.

Thank you I found the same. Well, I'll buy the A4 pad and cut in half.

Mod_wolves
May 8th, 2014, 01:20 PM
You can also find them at rymans and some post offices.

Lady Onogaro
May 8th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I just started reading The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, and in the first chapter he picks up a sheet of Basildon Bond to write a letter. (I don't know that I would have known what a nice paper it was without this conversation. We are not told if Harold uses a fountain pen, however.)

Morgaine
May 8th, 2014, 04:37 PM
hmm. Home Bargains had the recycled Basildon Bond for 29p each (and Lion Brand "correspondence size too). A while back, Tesco was selling airmail and other Basildon Bond pads for 35p.
Some shops may have lilac Basildon Bond paper, 79p to £1.

Jolltax
May 9th, 2014, 03:35 AM
hmm. Home Bargains had the recycled Basildon Bond for 29p each (and Lion Brand "correspondence size too). A while back, Tesco was selling airmail and other Basildon Bond pads for 35p.
Some shops may have lilac Basildon Bond paper, 79p to £1.

Wow, thats super cheap for such nice paper I am going to try and find it for these prices and stock up.

Thanks!

J