PDA

View Full Version : Photo linking from picasa help needed

OcalaFlGuy
May 31st, 2012, 10:30 PM
I would like to post some images here but can't get it to fly right. I tried the usual way in this
thread, post 9.

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/6-How-to-build-a-10-light-box

I did the same as I do on FPN, Cut/Paste the embed image line from Picasa after selecting the image
size. Those in the above thread should not have been small images.

If someone can help me figure this out, I'll try and pretty up the clubhouse a little.

(PS I did do search and poked around the photo area for tips. ZippidyDooDa.)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

KrazyIvan
May 31st, 2012, 10:58 PM
I think some HTML stuffs are disabled on the board. My usual flickr BB Code links from flickr work but set sharing URL's don't.

dannzeman
June 1st, 2012, 07:26 AM
Bruce, when you're at Picasa, just under the embed code select the size of the image you'd like to post and make sure "Image Only (no link)" is checked. When you past the code here using the "Insert Image" dialog box, under the "From URL" tab make sure "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" is unchecked. That will display the image full size without the thumbnail.

Let me know if that works.

OcalaFlGuy
June 1st, 2012, 07:20 PM
Dan, thank you, that did it. It was the last box UNchecking that needed to happen.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

tytoalba
June 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM
there seems to be a an update to Picasa.
For those of you who have updates, is this due to a complete change? or related to newer os's?
IOW's if I'm still runnning XP, will the new Picasa lose my goodle old stuff?

OcalaFlGuy
June 4th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I haven't lost anything through out the various Picasa updates. Also remember that Picasa doesn't actually change your original image, it basically creates a "mask" of your desired edits that goes over your image. That mask is all Picasa saves (outside of whole edited images you re-save as).

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

KrazyIvan
June 4th, 2012, 09:43 AM
That is true. I wish they would update the Linux/WINE version although I might be able to run a newer version directly through WINE.