PDA

View Full Version : MOTHER'S DAY SALE LOTS OF GREAT STUFF FOR A GREAT PRICE HEAVY PRICE CUTS

Rick Krantz
May 10th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Well, I was going to skip the weekly pen sale, but the rain here in PA got in the way of my mowing and mulching efforts. I guess with the proceeds, I will buy my wife a nice Mother’s Day Present, so her happiness is hinged on how well you all buy today. Nice mix, Nothing expensive. just a nice group of users. Some recycled from previous sales, and heavily discounted. All pens have been service and are working, unless otherwise noted. Any issues have been pointed out.

Paypal works best, if you find you want a pen, please send me an email (no private messages) at: ckrantz3@msn.com

First “I want it” gets it.

Shipping charges are as follows….

USPS Domestic $3.00

USPS International $10.00

For one pen or several of them, you pay one time postage charge.

Thanks for looking, ask any questions you may have.

http://www.chiltonpens.com/forsale/may11/may10sale.jpg

M1 Eagle ringtop (missing ringtop, but I am looking!) in red mottled hard rubber. It has a 14K eagle fine/medium flexible nib, writes nice, lever fill, cute pen, rebuilt, fills, writes, some brassing to lever. ITEM PRICE $45 NOW $30

M2 Univer ringtop in pearl and black, Sheaffer sub brand, lever fill, harder to find pen, lots of light bite marks cap and barrel, otherwise decent. Correct Univer 14K fine nib. ITEM PRICE $20

M3 Parker 51 pencil, with the early boxed cartouche on the cap, name engraved on barrel, few light dings, otherwise, nice early pencil. Seems to work, needs lead. ITEM PRICE $25 NOW $15

M4 Parker 51 special Aerometric in black, lustraloy cap, fine alloy nib, rebuilt, fills, writes. ITEM PRICE $50

M5 Royal huge black plastic lever fill pen. No name style, and not the high quality as the combo, but still a nice clean plain pen. It is a black pen, so this will get you into the black pen society, if you are not a member. Has an alloy fine point nib, fills, writes, neat large pen for a low price! ITEM PRICE $30 NOW $20

M6 No name pen in green marble plastic and snakeskin, same deal, cool plastic, could not say NO…. anyway, lever fill, alloy fine nib, looks awesome. Rebuilt, fills, writes, ITEM PRICE $30 NOW $20

M7 Sheaffer craftsman/500 series lever fill in black, nice clean pen, I sell so many of these, they are a great value for the price. It has a two tone 14K sheaffer feather touch 5 nib, in a fine point. Translucent ink window on the section, fills, writes ITEM PRICE $35 NOW $25

M8 Sheaffer student pen TD filler, alloy fine nib, fills, writes, clean pen, ITEM PRICE $20

M9 Sheaffer TD thin model, predecessor to the snorkel, black, has a bunch of teeth marks on barrel, nice two tone 14K Sheaffer fine nib. Fills, writes, etc… ITEM PRICE $30

M10 Esterbrook Pushmaster pencil in blue. Rare pencil, works, has trim wear, mainly to the cone, and the top metal disc that holds clip on. Otherwise clean. ITEM PRICE $50

M11 Esterbrook J pen in VIBRANT blue, real pretty pen, yes it is that pretty. 2668 nib, lever fill, fills, writes, etc… nice pen! ITEM PRICE $40

M12 Esterbrook SJ in red, clean pen, lever fill, 9556 nib, good color, rebuilt, fills, writes, ITEM PRICE $ 30 NOW $25

M13 Esterbrook J in black, decent pen few stray light marks, lever fill, rebuilt, fills, writes, 2668 nib, ITEM PRICE $30

M14 Eversharp Skyline in black, smaller size, decent pen, wear to clip, lever is not worn. It is a lever fill, and has a 14k fine point skyline nib, has a hint of flex, not much, but writes nice. Rebuilt, restored, ITEM PRICE $45 NOW $30

VertOlive
May 10th, 2014, 10:22 PM
What is the 9556 nib on pen m12? I don't know what size that means...thank you.

mrcharlie
May 10th, 2014, 11:45 PM
X556 == Firm Fine nib. The initial 9 means it has real hard-metal "Osmiridium" tipping; 1 and 2 would mean the tipping is "DuraCrome" steel. 3 or 8 would be pretty rare but also have real hard metal tipping.

Here is a list of Estie nib codes. (http://www.snyderfamily.com/current/estienibs.htm) There is a list on Richard Binder's site also, and google finds various lists/charts pretty reliably.

VertOlive
May 11th, 2014, 03:02 PM
X556 == Firm Fine nib. The initial 9 means it has real hard-metal "Osmiridium" tipping; 1 and 2 would mean the tipping is "DuraCrome" steel. 3 or 8 would be pretty rare but also have real hard metal tipping.

Here is a list of Estie nib codes. (http://www.snyderfamily.com/current/estienibs.htm) There is a list on Richard Binder's site also, and google finds various lists/charts pretty reliably.

I love this! There is always a Geek will come along to guide the perplexed out of the fog! Thank you--here I had the world reduced to F, M, B, and 1.1...