PDA

View Full Version : Question for digital music geek

spotted and speckled
May 10th, 2014, 07:45 PM
I have about 150gb of music on my computer. A geek at my sister's work has some device that is the same size as a small clock radio (electrical plug, no other cables, speakers in the box itself) that has their music loaded onto it, rather than a docking/speaker station for an mp3 player. I want one of these. In my travels today, I went to several electronics places and they all gave me the same blank stare. Anyone know what this device might be called?

She is going back to work in another week & will ask him then, but I just thought someone might know.

Thanks!

trhall
May 10th, 2014, 08:52 PM
It wasn't something like a Jawbone JamBox, which is a Bluetooth speaker that plays music from a phone via Bluetooth, was it? I love mine.

Another plus is that it also works as a microphone for your phone so functions as a speakerphone.

Does this device have a screen on it? All speaker? Any other background on it?

spotted and speckled
May 11th, 2014, 04:43 PM
No, she said it had the music loaded directly onto it. It had a speaker and the capability to add a set of speakers. No video, no wireless.

Well, when she gets back to work, she will find out for me.

But good to know about the Jawbone. Might need to know that if this other thing doesn't work out. Thanks!

KrazyIvan
May 15th, 2014, 05:32 PM
I have seen what you describe. I gave one to my mom a couple years back. It's just a speaker with a USB connection, some internal memory and an SD card slot. It's a no name device. I bought it from the now defunct geeks.com. You might find something on Amazon like it. It's just an MP3 player. The myriad of Chinese eBay sellers will also have some.