PDA

View Full Version : Sheaffer Fashion Comparison and Questions

Halfhyde
May 11th, 2014, 01:00 PM
I recently bought several modern Sheaffer fountain pens and am sorting through them. The first one in the picture still has the original Sheaffer sticker and identifies it as a Sheaffer 263. The 263 identifies the color as matte berry.

The second one is a little thinner and clipless It is an eighth of an inch shorter than the larger diameter one.

Is one a Sheaffer Fashion I and the other a Sheaffer Fashion II ?

What color did Sheaffer call the second one? I believe there were six different colors. In looking at the picture the bottom one appears to be very close to the color of the top one, but in actuality the difference is more pronounced. I did see an old add picturing the different colors and it appears that there were two that were very similar.

The second one has a convertor in it. I started to pull it off gently but it didn't want to come off and I did not want to risk breaking the pen, so I quit. These convertors should just pull off, shouldn't they?

Thanks,

Michael Little
Phoenix, Arizona

Ernst Bitterman
May 12th, 2014, 02:01 PM
The Fashion 2 is the thicker of them. I can't help with a colour number, though.

As far as getting the converter out, it should just pull out, but sometimes ink gets between the collar and the side of the converter and corrodes/welds them. A little penetrating oil and patience should see them apart (although the worst case of it I encountered saw the converter destroyed and a piece of the collar on a Triumph 440 still stuck to it when they finally came apart).

BigShow
August 12th, 2020, 09:34 AM
Honestly both look beautiful and even today it would be nice to own one. I always loved having items like these, but In last few years I was not able to buy as many as I wanted. Some of these are too expensive and I have to save up for them, but you know when you start saving for something like this something comes up and money goes. One good thing is that I was able to find sunglasses for men and women (https://www.layoners.com) that are really good quality for reasonable price. They look and feel really good and everyone likes them a lot.

Jon Szanto
August 12th, 2020, 10:58 AM
On top of everything else, that was lucky to find a slim converter. There are a couple model pens that used those, such as the TRZ, and they are hard to come by these days. The Fashion line certainly is pegged to a particular era, but they are a clean, handsome design and routinely good writers. Nice find.

zOMG, I fell for a zombie thread!!!

azkid
August 12th, 2020, 03:10 PM
Ancient thread from 2014. Cool pens though!

Jon Szanto
August 12th, 2020, 03:57 PM
Ancient thread from 2014. Cool pens though!

Ah, dude, I RARELY fall for a necropost, but I did this time. My love for Sheaffer, I suppose.

Mık Joger
January 29th, 2024, 05:45 PM
Fashion has become a fascinating discussion lately. Wondering about the latest trends and styles, I stumbled upon valuable insights in this link (https://fashionweekonline.com/the-top-german-fashion-brands-dominating-the-global-market) It's great to explore how German fashion brands are making waves globally, adding more flair to our style understanding.