PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kansas City.

shellseeker
May 12th, 2014, 01:03 PM
I thought I would introduce myself and say that I have been enjoying learning about and using fountain pens for the past few months. I found an old fountain pen that was always at our home when I was growing up. I don't know if it belonged to my Dad or my Grandpa and sadly now I will never know, but it sparked an interest and now, all of the sudden I have acquired...several. I have been wanting to improve my handwriting and try my hand at calligraphy, so fountain pens seemed a likely step. I found FPgeeks on the internets and it seemed like a nice place-so here I am!
Kind regards to you all,
Connie

Jeph
May 12th, 2014, 01:09 PM
One has already become "...several" so you are already well on your way to full FPGeekdom! Or, more accurately, that probably happned when you registered and said hello.
:welcome:

caribbean_skye
May 14th, 2014, 05:38 AM
welcome welcome. of those you have acquired, do you have a favourite among them?

bertcarson
May 14th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Welcome. I think an interesting thread would be one that explored the first step(s) on the path that got us all here. Yours is really neat.

Lady Onogaro
May 14th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Hi, Connie--I was looking through an old tool box in which I keep art supplies and found an old Sheaffer No Nonsense pen (which still writes well, even though it is 20 years old). That got me to thinking about fountain pens, and one thing led to another, and now I have more than several...it's been fun exploring, and this is a good place to learn a lot.

VertOlive
May 14th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Welcome Connie--I'm glad you found your way here!

shellseeker
May 14th, 2014, 06:33 PM
One has already become "...several" so you are already well on your way to full FPGeekdom! Or, more accurately, that probably happned when you registered and said hello.

Hi Jeph,
I think I'm happy to be entering into FPGeekdom-I believe I am on course, because on my way home from my violin lesson today, I stopped at our local Pen shop and bought a pen AND a pen pouch/holder/case-it holds two pens. I really like it! Thank you for welcoming me!

VertOlive
May 14th, 2014, 06:38 PM
You have a PEN SHOP?!?!?

Yes!--So what pen did you buy?

shellseeker
May 14th, 2014, 06:39 PM
welcome welcome. of those you have acquired, do you have a favourite among them?

Hi caribbean_skye,
Yes, I've found that I really do love Pelikan! Do you have a favorite among your pens? Also, thank you for the welcome!

shellseeker
May 14th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Welcome. I think an interesting thread would be one that explored the first step(s) on the path that got us all here. Yours is really neat.

Hello bertcarson,
Thank you for welcoming me to this group! Yes, it's funny how something that I always used to look at and play with when I was growing up, all the sudden, became so interesting to me. I'm just sad that I didn't ask about how we came to have this pen and who it belonged to. How did you find this pen path?

shellseeker
May 14th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Hi, Connie--I was looking through an old tool box in which I keep art supplies and found an old Sheaffer No Nonsense pen (which still writes well, even though it is 20 years old). That got me to thinking about fountain pens, and one thing led to another, and now I have more than several...it's been fun exploring, and this is a good place to learn a lot.

Hi Lady Onogaro,
The pen I have from my family is also a Sheaffer. I don't know which one it is-it says LIFETIME on the nib. Made in U.S.A. 14K. It is kind of brown stripe and it's has a white dot on the cap. I am going to have to do some research on how to clean it and to see what model it is. I also have many of my Dad's old tools and his tool box!

shellseeker
May 14th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Welcome Connie--I'm glad you found your way here!

Thank you so much for your welcome, VertOlive! I'm happy to be here!

shellseeker
May 14th, 2014, 07:08 PM
You have a PEN SHOP?!?!?

Yes!--So what pen did you buy?

We do have a Pen shop. I actually went there today to hopefully buy a pen pouch/holder/case? I don't know what people generally call them...I did buy one that I really like-it hold two pens. I was looking at the pens, and they had one that I had been wanting from the beginning of my search for pens. It's a Pelikan 400 SE Brown Tortoise with a Fine nib. I really do love it! I keep looking at it...

johniem
May 15th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Welcome from Independence. You have a treasure for a first pen, doubly so since it's a family heirloom. Did you go to Pen Place in Crown Center? Great place. Good people.
Enjoy your start on an incredible learning experience in fountain pens and writing.

TerraNoir
May 15th, 2014, 10:07 AM
:welcome: A Pen store in the area? What is the name of it?

shellseeker
May 15th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Welcome from Independence. You have a treasure for a first pen, doubly so since it's a family heirloom. Did you go to Pen Place in Crown Center? Great place. Good people.
Enjoy your start on an incredible learning experience in fountain pens and writing.

Hi johniem,
So you're in Independence-that's great! Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I went to the Pen Place-I had gone looking for a place that I thought was on the Plaza. I found out that was the Pen Place, but they had moved to Crown Center 15 or so years ago. They were very nice, but I had better limit my visits...I ended up with a very nice pen and case, so hopefully, that should do for awhile.

shellseeker
May 15th, 2014, 01:46 PM
:welcome: A Pen store in the area? What is the name of it?

Hi TerraNoir:) It's called Pen Place. It's located in Crown Center, Kansas City, MO.

inlovewithjournals
May 15th, 2014, 03:19 PM

shellseeker
May 16th, 2014, 07:03 AM

Hi inlovewithjournals :) I love journals, too!

Mags
May 18th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Welcome to the forum. Perhaps post a picture of the pen and at least one member can help identify it.