PDA

View Full Version : Montblanc Midnight Blue

bleunuitguy
May 12th, 2014, 01:47 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-XXr9ACeE5K0/U3Eh6K_-OZI/AAAAAAAAA0s/g5Y5k3YDwOM/s800/midnightblue.jpg

jacksterp
May 12th, 2014, 05:54 PM
One of my all time favorite inks. Never had a lick of trouble with it and it behaves well on all paper I have tried it with.

A real beauty!

orfew
May 12th, 2014, 07:20 PM
One of my favourites as well. I have a bottle I am saving since it is now discontinued.

The Good Captain
May 13th, 2014, 01:47 AM
I've got both this and the iron gall one and like both. Great reviews, too!

Sailor Kenshin
May 13th, 2014, 05:50 AM
I just got a bottle and it does change appearance on different paper. But it changes the most from blue to gray on an old India paper comp notebook, which is as non-slick a paper you can get and still be fo-capable. The color shift reminds me a lot of Pelikan Blue-Black. I like it so far!

Mags
May 13th, 2014, 03:12 PM
I am now interested based upon the drying time results. It dries fairly quickly.

bleunuitguy
May 13th, 2014, 05:45 PM
It is a nice Blue Black. Performs admirably and it has fairly good readability after being doused with dihydrogen monoxide, ;) despite it not being the iron gall formula. I should explain the "Royal Midnight" in the other inks section. I was mixing Montblanc Royal Blue with the Midnight Blue and got a bit bluer highlights in the ink.

7188photo
July 21st, 2014, 11:54 PM
My go-to ink for the longest time, it's stunningly beautiful - and it's quite water resistant (which is a biggie for me).
Still saw some of it last weekend in the shop, maybe better to get a bottle now that it's discontinued? Does anyone have more info on that discontinuation - why would they discontinue such a great ink? :(

Anyway, got myself a bottle of their Permanent Grey 90 years anniversary ink a couple of days ago and will try that for a while as my standard ink. Honestly, though, I don't think it can beat Midnight Blue.