PDA

View Full Version : Attn, FP Geeks in Michigan: need furniture?

Dreck
May 12th, 2014, 08:10 PM
The company for which my oldest son works is transferring him out of the Grand Rapids area. He has (in his words) "a Futon, a table, a couple of book shelves, a tv stand, a computer desk, and a little desk/table/credenza thing"

All of this is serviceable, but none is likely to win any beauty contests. He is hoping to give it all away by the end of June. If you're interested, please PM me so that I can get him in contact with you.

Dreck
May 13th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Bump. For real? Nobody knows anyone who could use free furniture? If it doesn't go here, he's going to have Amvets or the Salvation Army take it.

Dreck
May 15th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Bump. Edited to note than when my son described the futon as, "very poorly constructed," he was not speaking of the quality of the futon, which is a typical one from Wal-Mart. What he meant by poorly constructed was that he failed to bring any tools when he moved out, so all of the screws holding the futon together have been turned (literally) by hand.

Again, whatever doesn't go will be donated. It isn't torn up, junky furniture; he just doesn't have the means or desire to cart it with him every 6 months that Hill-Rom transfers him.

VertOlive
May 15th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Just forwarded the link to a GR friend...

VertOlive
May 18th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Just forwarded the link to a GR friend...

A courteous "no thank you" from said friend.

Dreck
May 18th, 2014, 09:05 PM
A courteous "no thank you" from said friend.

Boo! Oh, well, thank you anyway. :)
He still has a month before he moves. Perhaps someone will want it by then.

Dreck
May 23rd, 2014, 08:30 PM
Bump. Now adding a queen size mattress & perhaps a wooden frame...

Dreck
June 7th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Bump. Three more weeks only