PDA

View Full Version : Bauhaus Lamy 2000 Review

Jeph
May 13th, 2014, 08:42 AM
I finally got a Lamy 2000.

Things that I don't like:
The metal section can feel cold to the touch sometimes.

Things that I am neutral about:
I do not like black pens. The understated elegance bores me sometimes. Then I get over it.

Things that I like:
EVERYTHING ELSE

RuiFromUK
May 13th, 2014, 08:48 AM
LOL Jeph. You have convinced me now to get one with my next salary.

drgoretex
May 14th, 2014, 11:20 AM
I quite like my L2K. Don't mind the metal grip section (as it is textured), and like black.

The thing that I don't like is that while the pen feels like it should post, it doesn't. Or at least, it posts, but the cap falls off easily when posted.

Other than that, agreed - a great pen.

Ken

Adhizen
May 14th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Lamy 2k is one of my favorite pens....

Jeph
May 15th, 2014, 12:09 AM
...The thing that I don't like is that while the pen feels like it should post, it doesn't. Or at least, it posts, but the cap falls off easily when posted....Ken

That is unfortunate. Mine posts very securely. In fact there is no way to shake it loose from the cap without pulling. On mine there are 4 (brass?) spring grippers inside the cap that grab the back of the barrel. In fact, the soft yet secure posting is one of the things that I really like. I hope that the grip from those springs does not wear out over time.

Jon Szanto
May 15th, 2014, 12:12 AM
I hope that the grip from those springs does not wear out over time.
Or what it might do to the finish of the barrel?

Tsuki yo
June 16th, 2014, 08:04 AM
I friggen LOVE the 2000!

I often write with my 2k posted. I don't really feel like it's harming the finish. But I also post carefully, I gently slide the lid down until I feel it engage the clips in the cap, and then I stop and push no further. Although they use Makrolon to make riot shields, so I'm not super worried about it. I figure, if the cap wears out I'll send it for repair. But I collect pens to use, so they are going to get worn.