PDA

View Full Version : Another new joiner and newbie FP user

kinky-chinky
June 1st, 2012, 04:32 AM
Hi forum,

just dropping a post to say greeting from a new UK FP user.

I'm a leftie, underwriter and I recently purchased a Blue Lamy Safari with a LH nib just to mess about. I found the nib to be a bit too wide so replaced the nib with an F nib and find this more suitable for my handwriting style, though I'll probably try an EF nib too.

I am now looking to purchase a new FP and start a FP collection and hopefully with reviews and advice from FPgeeks I will make some wise purchases.

Look forwards to participating and broadening my FP knowledge,

regards,

k-c

P.S. Is there anywhere to inform forum members of pens offers/sales? I was looking for a new FP and found Webster Pen Shop are doing a fairly good deal on some Lamy pens. Was looking at the Studio as a next purchase which they were selling for 14% off. They also had 29% off Lamy 2000's.

goldiesdad
June 1st, 2012, 06:24 AM
Welcome to the forum ... I too am a lefty and have a hard time straying from F nibs ... I ordered a broad and have no expectations on whether I will love it or
just put it in my pile of unused pens ...

Check under "forum" there is a sell's section ....

PenPazzo
June 1st, 2012, 06:26 AM
Welcome K-C!
I'm new here myself but if you are looking for help building a FP collection you have come to the right place. Dan & Eric make it difficult NOT to add to your collection! Just remember to "hide your wallet" before checking out the Awesome Reviews :-}

rbadger332
June 1st, 2012, 06:43 AM
Welcome! Dan and Eric do some great reviews, so let your wallet know first, because it is going to be hurting.

Asus TF300T / Tapatalk 2

writingrav
June 1st, 2012, 08:09 AM
Welcome!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KrazyIvan
June 1st, 2012, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the board K-C.

FP_GaF
June 1st, 2012, 09:16 AM
Hi K-C.

I'm new around here, too, and also a UK-based FP-geek.

So, Cheers mate.

kinky-chinky
June 1st, 2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Popped into my local pen shop and had a play with the Lamy Al-Star and Studio. Was so tempted to buy the Studio. Need to check out the Lamy 2000 first.

k-c

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

FP_GaF
June 6th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Hey, you copy-cat! I use the Galaxy Note, too, and I read and wrote this with Tapatalk...

Oh sorry, this is about pens here.
Umm: "I used my Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman and my Paperblanks notebook to draft this post!" Do I get away with it this time?...

KrazyIvan
June 6th, 2012, 02:01 PM
What?

Sent from my Rooted Samsung Epic 4G using Dolphin Browser

manoeuver
June 6th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I'm still posting with my Selectric II.

Bogon07
June 6th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Hi k-c, so many new people recently it is becoming hard to come up with a new welcome.

Anyway good to see another left handed Lamy safari user. I'm finding my preference of nib size depends on the ink as some combinations seem to work better together.
Also remember to add something to the Lamy forum, we have to keep ahead of those other brands.

Lt. Tom
June 7th, 2012, 09:04 AM
I'm still posting with my Selectric II.

Ha! If you didn't find this hilarious, you're just too young. (Hey, you kids get off my lawn!)

KrazyIvan
June 7th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Ha! If you didn't find this hilarious, you're just too young. (Hey, you kids get off my lawn!)

My knowledge only goes back as far as some black Oliveti pre word processor type contraption.