PDA

View Full Version : TWSBI Notebooks

Lady Onogaro
May 14th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I see that isellpens.com is selling TWSBI notebooks. Does anyone have any experience with these? I would imagine they would be good with fountain pens, but I'd like to hear from users. They seem pretty affordable compared to the notebooks made with Tomoe River paper. I would love to hear from folks who have compared them.

Silverbreeze
May 14th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Haven't tried with my broads or stub yet. But no bleed though even with flexy wahl oxford. Some minor show through but that's standard for most paper. Next time I am inking up I will pull out a broad

reprieve
May 14th, 2014, 05:41 PM
I've been using the large TWSBI notebooks as I really like the B5 size. Moleskine-style notebooks with fountain pen-friendly paper in B5 are difficult to find. The paper is pretty good even with broad nibs. I haven't seen any feathering or bleed-through. There's a bit of shadowing but both sides of the paper are usable. My only complaint is that the elastic band is a bit loose (read: floppy). Other than that, I'd like to see a dot grid version, but overall I've been mostly happy with the TWSBI notebooks.

Silverbreeze
May 14th, 2014, 05:43 PM
I've been using the large TWSBI notebooks as I really like the B5 size. Moleskine-style notebooks with fountain pen-friendly paper in B5 are difficult to find. The paper is pretty good even with broad nibs. I haven't seen any feathering or bleed-through. There's a bit of shadowing but both sides of the paper are usable. My only complaint is that the elastic band is a bit loose (read: floppy). Other than that, I'd like to see a dot grid version, but overall I've been mostly happy with the TWSBI notebooks.

I second the loose band

TMac
May 14th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I was pretty disappointed with mine. The paper was okay but nothing special. The quality of the notebook was pretty poor. The band was loose from the start, the binding started to separate quickly. I love TWSBI pens and had high expectations for the notebooks. Sadly, I won't be buying again.

KrazyIvan
May 14th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Here is my take on it: http://inktronics.wordpress.com/2013/05/23/first-impressions-twsbi-notebook/