PDA

View Full Version : 1925 Waterman 452 Before and after

RayCornett
May 15th, 2014, 01:34 AM
This was a restore I did for a friend. I truly fell in love with this pen. So much so that my friend has given me Godfather status on the pen :)

Jeph
May 15th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Go advanced, and use the attach function. We definately want to see these pictures.

RayCornett
May 15th, 2014, 01:54 AM
Thanks! Done. I am getting the pen back eventually for better photos.

RuiFromUK
May 15th, 2014, 02:04 AM
Hi Ray,

You did a brilliant job. It looks brand new to me and I love it.

Jeph
May 15th, 2014, 02:23 AM
OK, confession time. Rotten brown hard rubber back to black how?
Beautiful job, by the way and a stunning pen.

RayCornett
May 15th, 2014, 02:28 AM
Completely naturally done. It still needs work on the side you don't see but I had the pen for a while and wanted her to have it back. She just wanted it functional and didn't care if I did anything to the body but I couldn't give it back to her like it was. Had to make it pretty. Tons of elbow grease and sore hands after.But the side you see wasn't horrible. It was rubberbanded to another pen she had me resac which I don't have before and afters of since it was like new anyway. But since it was attached to that other pen for about 60 years in a drawer it basically only weathered on the side away from the other pen. the other side has parts that are almost like a caramel candy color or lighter. Or like a coffee with a bit of cream in it. It still had its shine, just not all the original color.

RayCornett
May 15th, 2014, 02:45 AM
I forgot to post the picture of the tiny detail of the Ideal logo on the tip of the leather. On the back it actually says "sterling" but the images of that didn't come out too well.

discopig
May 16th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Great restoration! I love how that pen looks.

RayCornett
May 18th, 2014, 06:34 AM
The first difficult restoration I had. The most stressful but the most rewarding :) I fell in love with that pen and was sad to see it go.

dennis.baker
May 20th, 2014, 08:03 PM
What a great job you did!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!