PDA

View Full Version : The Pass it On Thread. 2014

DavidDecorator
May 15th, 2014, 02:17 AM
Hello, I thought I'd start this thread to pass on things we may have languishing in drawers or cupboards that someone else could have the use of.
They don't even have to be in full working order.
Essentially you put up something someone can win from you by setting them whatever task or question you'd like to be PM'ed with.

For example: Tell me in no more than 5 words why you want this pen?
Or: Can you tell me the name of the Japanese Emporer in WW1.

You then choose your winner from all your replies and send them the pen or ink or whatever FP related item you choose to post.
Up to you whether you cover postage costs or not.
The winner of that then puts up a Post on this thread to pass on something and so it builds momentum.

I'll start this off with two used Heroes which have been fully flushed and cleaned. And my question is: Can you tell me which famous composer lived along the Putney Embankment in London UK.

1st correct answer wins the pens. Good luck.
Regards, David the Decorator.

Jeph
May 15th, 2014, 04:30 AM
There have been several similar efforts in the past that had very good participation.

migo984
May 15th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Excellent! Well done David. I was going to start one myself as I have some nice things I was going to PIF on FPN. Now I am unlikely to offer any more on FPN, I'd love to offer them here instead. I sent a PM to Dan to ask for a sub-forum or pinned thread, so hopefully this will be pinned & stay visible on the home page. I'll put up an offer later tonight after work :dance3:

DavidDecorator
May 15th, 2014, 11:52 AM
I think if there's enough interest it might even stay up without being pinned but all power to your elbow as us gentlemen of the trade say.

VertOlive
May 15th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I like the idea of a regular thread for Randon Acts of Fountain Pen Kindness! Should we post pics of our offerings?

DavidDecorator
May 15th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Yes pics and an explanation of what you're giving away plus the conditions of getting it is all it takes. Question/ Task etc.

DavidDecorator
May 16th, 2014, 04:54 AM
And the winner of the first pass it on is Sandy Fry. Well done Sandy.

Sandy Fry
May 16th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Woohoo!

I actually won something!!!

Thanks so much. I don't get online too often but will look through my very modest collection, find a pen or two, come up with a question and "pass it on".

Thanks again.

David

dannzeman
May 16th, 2014, 07:18 PM
The Pay It Forward (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/51-Pay-It-Forward) sub-forum has been created. This thread has been moved there.

Let me know if any other threads need moved. Thanks.

Jon Szanto
May 16th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Let me know if any other threads need moved. Thanks.
Nope. You just need to PIF some of those Omas pens with questions only *I* know the answer to...

:) Thanks as always for your great administration of this site.