PDA

View Full Version : Kultur Lara Croft Tomb Raider Colors?

pajaro
May 19th, 2014, 07:33 PM
I have a Kultur Lara Croft Tomb Raider in red-orange and one coming in blue. I think there is a yellow one. Are there any more colors? Thanks.

broadoblique
May 19th, 2014, 09:40 PM
I know of only these three colors. If you find another I'd like to know. I'm not a Croft fan mind you, but I do like Kulturs.

pajaro
May 20th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Thanks. I thought I had seen a green one.

I think this one is yellow, but for this price they can keep it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400708909354?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_831wt_662

broadoblique
May 20th, 2014, 08:35 AM
That is a fourth one. Another Kultur to find. Thanks

pajaro
May 20th, 2014, 10:27 AM
I think it will be fun looking for it. There don't seem to be a lot of these out there, so this will take a while. More fun if it's not a slam-dunk just needing money thrown at it. More fun to look for pens somebody actually used.

mrcharlie
May 20th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I think it will be fun looking for it. There don't seem to be a lot of these out there, so this will take a while. More fun if it's not a slam-dunk just needing money thrown at it. More fun to look for pens somebody actually used.

So you aren't interested in the other set being offered on the auction site for $350? :)

pajaro
May 20th, 2014, 04:48 PM

So you aren't interested in the other set being offered on the auction site for $350? :)

Ha ha ha ha. No, Mr. Charlie, that's too rich for my blood for this kind of item. I could see $75 or $80 for either of those sets. Those inflated prices are like Phileas Phever to the max. But wait, it'll get worse.

broadoblique
May 20th, 2014, 05:37 PM
If you start paying that much you'll create another phever market. Please don't until I've found my last Kultur.
The white ones are rare. Not too long ago I found a fp/roll set with CD for $50. I thought I way overpaid. I sold the CD and roller for $29 after expenses, so it didn't turn out that bad- $21 for the fp. Still plenty for a Kult.

pajaro
May 20th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Don't worry, I am not going there. I'll probably retire towards the end of August, putting an end to my ebay money unless I find another job as an Oracle DBA or something of that sort.

mrcharlie
May 20th, 2014, 09:33 PM
What other cross-branded or promotional Kulturs are there besides the Harley-Davidson and Lara Croft models?

broadoblique
May 20th, 2014, 10:09 PM
The Kultur was popular for companies to print their name on. But the only factory branded ones I've ever seen are the Harley Freewheel and the Croft Tomb Raider.
I only ever bought one printed one, because it has "Interpol" on the cap with the Interpol seal. My daughter uses it as a school pen.

pajaro
May 21st, 2014, 10:17 AM
I have this one coming. It looks a bit different from the blue and white one above.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-WATERMAN-LARA-CROFT-TOMB-RAIDER-FOUNTAIN-PEN-/390839961637?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=MONw0uL%252FmJuAzx7gI%252FY82DfI12c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_145wt_900

klpeabody
May 21st, 2014, 06:21 PM
I am a big fan of the video game, and would love to get my hands on one of these. =)

pajaro
June 18th, 2014, 10:45 AM

Lexaf
June 18th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I have a Kultur Lara Croft Tomb Raider in red-orange and one coming in blue. I think there is a yellow one. Are there any more colors? Thanks.

I am pretty sure there were only 3 colors made for the Lara Croft Cultur Watermans.
A blue and green, a white with blue and gray tones and an orange with black and brown one. Unfortunately the (printed) colors on the rather cheap plastic base material were not very stable, so some pens that were in bright light or in direct sunlight for a longer time could have bleached out, leading to a yellowish looking pen that once was an orange one. If I am wrong, and someone owns another color, please post a picture!

pajaro
June 18th, 2014, 06:03 PM

I am pretty sure there were only 3 colors made for the Lara Croft Cultur Watermans.
A blue and green, a white with blue and gray tones and an orange with black and brown one. Unfortunately the (printed) colors on the rather cheap plastic base material were not very stable, so some pens that were in bright light or in direct sunlight for a longer time could have bleached out, leading to a yellowish looking pen that once was an orange one. If I am wrong, and someone owns another color, please post a picture!

The picture is posted above. That Tomb Raider Kultur is yellow with some brown, and is brighter than it looks there. I have the set with the ballpoint, pen case and packaging. It is yellow, and it is like new. Notice that the picture of Lara Croft is a bit different in each color. The picture of her in the yellow pen is different from the other three pens.

johnus
June 18th, 2014, 11:38 PM
Very distinctive and impressive pen! A great find, thank you for sharing.

pajaro
June 19th, 2014, 12:36 AM
I think it's interesting that where other companies might use Superman, Spiderman, Batman and maybe somebody from the NBA on their items that Waterman would use Lara Croft, Tomb Raider. Way to go Waterman. A different drummer.

pajaro
June 19th, 2014, 07:57 AM
This will help clarify this issue: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201099188928?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_369wt_900

johnus
June 19th, 2014, 09:50 AM
[emoji22] not sure that they're 400$ Nice??

pajaro
June 19th, 2014, 10:34 AM
I think that's a lot of money. Since the release time is long past, and these aren't on the market any more, sellers are apparently trying to extract the maximum profit. This was probably mined from some yard sale for $20. I really liked the yellow set, so I made a low offer to the ebay seller (a different seller), and it was immediately accepted. $400, though, is a big chunk of change. I already have three of these pens and will find the fourth in time. I'm keeping the hunt alive, because the hunt is usually the most fun part of all this.

broadoblique
July 15th, 2014, 10:00 PM
I found my yellow Croft Kultur. It just arrived today from a seller in France. It cost me $33 shipped, more than twice what I've spent on every other Kult I have (except one). But I have it. I guess that's what a collection does to some of us.
I'm still looking for a plain black, chrome trim. I know there is a matte black, and maybe a gloss black.

pajaro
July 16th, 2014, 07:49 AM
$400 is too much. Anyway, I have the red, white and yellow fountain pens. I like these pens and use them. I would say that I enjoy any of the Kultur and Phileas pens more than the other Watermans. They are easier to use and more comfortable to write with.

pajaro
July 16th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Matte black and gloss black Tomb Raider pens? This will be an interesting search. I will look for the green pen at a decent price, but there is no urgency. I have come to like the yellow pen. The nib says "F" but it writes like an extra fine. Just what I like.

I think I will sell off most of the other pens I have collected. I like the Phileas and Kultur. The Carene doesn't post well, but it writes nicely. The Laureat can write well, but I could have stopped at the first one. I might have the broad nib stubbed on the silver plated one. I burned two old Watermans trying to resac them. So it goes.