PDA

View Full Version : PIF ~ Fountain Pen Day Bookmarks !!!

earthdawn
May 20th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Well they just arrived and i want to get some out into the wild....

I only got 100 in so Ill give this till Friday May 23rd, 11:59pm

If you want one just email me your address... I'd say PM me but it will fill up to quick.

All I ask is that if you are on a social media site like FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr Google+ etc just post a pic if you can and #FountainPenDay & @FountainPenDay

PS ~ International is fine too... Lets get some of these babies WorldWide !!!

Cary@FountainPenDay.org

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/70E6DF89-9D1B-4A41-9816-F3DFD6E7108B_zpsgpsn16dq.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/70E6DF89-9D1B-4A41-9816-F3DFD6E7108B_zpsgpsn16dq.jpg.html)

alc3261
May 20th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Yes please!!

shellseeker
May 20th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Yay! I emailed!:)

Mags
May 21st, 2014, 04:36 AM
PM sent thank you in advance

migo984
May 21st, 2014, 07:53 AM
Email sent. Thank you.

inlovewithjournals
May 21st, 2014, 08:00 AM
I have emailed. Thank you very much!

earthdawn
May 21st, 2014, 04:03 PM
FYI I did get some out today. With the holiday this coming Monday I wanted to get at least a few in the mail so they could arrive before the long weekend ...

I'm really pleased with how nice they came out.

Also I did reorder the buttons.. I sent out 98 buttons in the last 3 weeks lol

caribbean_skye
May 21st, 2014, 04:53 PM
I emailed earlier. Thank you for offering these.

Jon Szanto
May 21st, 2014, 06:55 PM
Email composed, queued, and sent. Great idea!

mhguda
May 21st, 2014, 10:41 PM
I emailed earlier today - hope it didn't end up in your spam folder...? Would love to be one of the international users of the bookmark.

earthdawn
May 21st, 2014, 11:19 PM
I got a lot of mail today ... and am up late putting more envelopes together.... YAWN .....

Spam folder is clean I do believe I am getting everyones emails.

More will go out tomorrow morning on my way to work so theres another pile that should hit by Saturday.

Keep em' coming.... I am looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks once they have them in hand.

Ohhh... and as they arrive take a look either inside on the paper sent to you or on the envelope ;)

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/801D14E5-9F42-46A9-B260-78D723026B71_zps7jzeearj.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/801D14E5-9F42-46A9-B260-78D723026B71_zps7jzeearj.jpg.html)

Kukuzovac
May 22nd, 2014, 01:50 AM
This is great! Thank you for this. :)

AndyT
May 22nd, 2014, 03:15 AM
Email sent, thanks Cary. :)

kaisnowbird
May 22nd, 2014, 07:38 AM
Email sent. Thank you so much!!

earthdawn
May 23rd, 2014, 07:22 PM
OK... ill let this go till Monday 11:59pm EST.

And... a little more swag made it today

STICKERS !!!

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/FE249D11-C4F9-49A7-95C2-0D94098DC61F_zpsgc2iessz.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/FE249D11-C4F9-49A7-95C2-0D94098DC61F_zpsgc2iessz.jpg.html)

inkyletters
May 23rd, 2014, 07:25 PM
STICKERS? I love stickers! Because I'm actually a five year old cleverly disguised in a 20 year olds body. I would stick them on everything. :rolleyes:

VertOlive
May 23rd, 2014, 10:47 PM
Thank you SO much! Should we email for stickers too, then? Does a Delta come with 'em?

Already working on the Fountain Pen Day dinner menu and guest list!

earthdawn
May 23rd, 2014, 11:52 PM
Thank you SO much! Should we email for stickers too, then? Does a Delta come with 'em?

I was actually thinking the old... "I tell 2 friends who tell 2 friends who tell 2 friends..." etc... Doing it by sending a strip to my pen pals and then letting them send them to 1 to each of their pen pals. They are in strips of 6 so if everyone who got a strip could send with their letters to pen pals a sticker it would really help spread them out to a lot of people quickly. Especially to those who have international friends!

PS... whats for dinner?

Tracy Lee
May 24th, 2014, 12:53 PM

I was actually thinking the old... "I tell 2 friends who tell 2 friends who tell 2 friends..." etc... Doing it by sending a strip to my pen pals and then letting them send them to 1 to each of their pen pals. They are in strips of 6 so if everyone who got a strip could send with their letters to pen pals a sticker it would really help spread them out to a lot of people quickly. Especially to those who have international friends!

PS... whats for dinner?

I instagrammed your book mark picture (need to do that for the stickers too), and I would happily forward bookmarks and stickers to my gobs of pen pals!

cwent2
May 24th, 2014, 01:28 PM

PS... whats for dinner?

I instagrammed your book mark picture (need to do that for the stickers too), and I would happily forward bookmarks and stickers to my gobs of pen pals!

I second that - I would also.

mtnbiker62
May 24th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Got my bookmark today...thanks!

earthdawn
May 25th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Well I have just some of the envelopes that are going out in Tuesdays mail ....

Stickers & Bookmarks ... Enjoy them and share when you can.

The ones without postage are going world wide !!!

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/591E8608-4295-4A34-B4C2-22A5D2BEA260_zpsayyfegl8.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/591E8608-4295-4A34-B4C2-22A5D2BEA260_zpsayyfegl8.jpg.html)

Kukuzovac
May 26th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Can't wait to get mine!! :)

earthdawn
May 28th, 2014, 09:33 PM
I didn't take a pic but the pile doubled and went out on Tuesday.

Domestic people will see theres Thursday or Friday...

International should arrive.... well... we will see lol But I sent out quite a few around the world !!!

Mags
May 29th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Good lord how do you afford all this postage...? We are goin to have to pass the hat at a pen show for you.

RuiFromUK
May 30th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Good lord how do you afford all this postage...? We are goin to have to pass the hat at a pen show for you.

That is the reason why I did not ask for one. I feel guilty asking for one posted to the UK as I know there is a low probability that I would buy much from them due to customs, transport costs, etc.

earthdawn
May 30th, 2014, 01:38 AM

That is the reason why I did not ask for one. I feel guilty asking for one posted to the UK as I know there is a low probability that I would buy much from them due to customs, transport costs, etc.

No reason not to ask... there is nothing for sale.

FPD ... well theres a lot to it, at least to type out.

Bottom line is that it's a little holiday for us and a reminder to share the hobby and enthusiasm it brings. To continue writing even though we all spend way to much time typing on the internet. To preserve the need of things hand written and the expression it shows.

There is not a "fund" or "donation" account... look around at the site and all the social networks it is connected to and you will see nothing for sale or ads or anything that is revenue generating. No one is advertising their name or face.

I have found that those involved on any level of fountain pen collecting etc to be genuine and ones who like to share as well.

For me, Fountain Pen Day is just another aspect of the hobby I love.

RuiFromUK
May 30th, 2014, 03:17 AM

Bottom line is that it's a little holiday for us and a reminder to share the hobby and enthusiasm it brings. To continue writing even though we all spend way to much time typing on the internet. To preserve the need of things hand written and the expression it shows.

There is not a "fund" or "donation" account... look around at the site and all the social networks it is connected to and you will see nothing for sale or ads or anything that is revenue generating. No one is advertising their name or face.

I have found that those involved on any level of fountain pen collecting etc to be genuine and ones who like to share as well.

Hi Earthdawn,

Thank you very much.

I have just pm'd my details.

Kind regards,

Rui

Mags
May 30th, 2014, 04:41 AM
Carey, thank you for loving the past time and being so passionate and generous!

shellseeker
May 30th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Cary, I received my bookmark-thank you so much!:)

carlos.q
May 30th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Cary, I also received my bookmark today. I thank you for your generosity towards the FP community!!! :thumb:

RayCornett
May 30th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Got my bookmark and a couple stickers just now :)

I also posted a pic on FB and Twitter.

migo984
June 2nd, 2014, 04:14 AM

Thank you so much for the bookmarks and the stickers that arrived here in UK on Saturday. I have already sent a bookmark on to an FP friend in the UK and some of the stickers onwards in a letter to Australia. I will be passing on the rest to pen pals around the world.

I'd love to get some more stickers; are they available to buy from anywhere?

Thank you so much for your generosity.

Toffer
June 2nd, 2014, 09:09 AM
Thanks very much for the bookmark and stickers I received the other day, they are great!

alc3261
June 2nd, 2014, 01:43 PM
My bookmarks arrived in the UK today!!

AndyT
June 2nd, 2014, 04:33 PM
Mine arrived on Saturday: thank you very much! Two of the stickers will be on their way to Berlin and Las Vegas shortly. :)

VertOlive
June 2nd, 2014, 07:48 PM

Another cool feature for me last year (my first FPD) was the FPD page that had all the vendors who offered "Holiday discounts"--I got a couple of my first pens that way and explored sites new to me.

Kukuzovac
June 3rd, 2014, 10:56 AM
I got mine this morning and it is amazing!! Thank you very much! One sticker is going on my 12 pen black leather case. :)

inlovewithjournals
June 4th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I got mine last week. I intend to put your lovely letter on the outside of my cubicle at work, as people are always asking me about my fountain pens. And I will share the stickers with pen pals around the world. Thanks again, for your commitment to the hand-written life!!

Aleks
June 4th, 2014, 01:01 PM
all these look FREAKING AMAZING :D --- i sport my FPDay pin at work and people ask me about it all the time; and of course i feel obliged to give a University-worthy lesson on the subject :D

RayCornett
June 4th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Maybe next year I can get a couple pins. I think one would look awesome on my leather biker jacket next to the BB king Lucille guitar pin and such :)

mhguda
June 5th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Mine were in my mailbox today - thank you very much! They will be shared out and used with pride.

RuiFromUK
June 9th, 2014, 03:39 AM
Hi Cary,

Thank you, thank you.

Few minutes ago I received your envelope and I'll definitely will start using the bookmark right away with my train travelling book. As to the stamps I still need to decide.

Next week I'll be travelling and posting you and the others a postcard from Wales.

Kind regards,

Rui

Mags
June 9th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Carey my package to Canada for the Pelikan Hub has not arrived as yet. I will let you know when it comes.

earthdawn
June 9th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Carey my package to Canada for the Pelikan Hub has not arrived as yet. I will let you know when it comes.

Well theres still 4 days of mail to come...

I had another domestic package for a Pelikan Hub Meeting here in the states arrive within 2 days. Canada is so close yet sometime the mail takes so long.

I sent it in a heavy bubble mailer hoping it would soar through customs quicker than a box.

RayCornett
June 12th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Just thought I would toss this one here. I had to add one to my iPad bluetooth keyboard case :)

earthdawn
June 12th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Maybe next year I can get a couple pins. I think one would look awesome on my leather biker jacket next to the BB king Lucille guitar pin and such :)

:crazy_pilot:

Mags
June 13th, 2014, 03:58 AM
Today I handout the PIF Fountain Pen Day swag. 12213

RayCornett
June 13th, 2014, 02:35 PM

:crazy_pilot:

Cary! How sweet of you to have sent me a couple of the pins. You're so awesome :)
:hail::hug:

earthdawn
June 13th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Mags ~ Looking forward to seeing the pics! VERY happy they made it in time for the Hub Meeting, and congrats on being selected to host it.

Ray ~ I saw you post a couple of days after the second wave of buttons came in and figured I would surprise you. Enjoy

Mags
June 13th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Some pictures12216

alc3261
June 16th, 2014, 12:01 PM
What do the pins look like?

RayCornett
June 16th, 2014, 12:12 PM
They also have a message on the edge about FP day. I don't have them in front of my so I forget exactly what it says.12243
What do the pins look like?

jokeruk
June 16th, 2014, 01:29 PM
They look cool - furthering the cause worldwide! :)