PDA

View Full Version : Hello, from somewhere near Milton Keynes

Holsworth
May 21st, 2014, 01:32 PM
Hello there FPGeeks. I am a long time stationery lover and recent fountain pen convert. I stumbled across a delightful stationery shop in London a few months ago and came away with a Lamy Joy (plus quite a few other things!). Since then I've also added a Noodler's Creaper to that (tiny) collection, and I have a feeling this will be bad for my bank balance (because apparently along with knitting, hand sewing, machine sewing, cross stitch and a few other things, I don't have enough hobbies!).

It's a very long time since I joined or even posted on a forum, so this all feels quite strange at the moment!

Jeph
May 21st, 2014, 01:53 PM
:welcome:

Uncle Bud
May 21st, 2014, 02:18 PM
:welcome: and enjoy the madness

migo984
May 21st, 2014, 02:26 PM
Hello and welcome from a near neighbour (Hertfordshire)

caribbean_skye
May 21st, 2014, 04:57 PM
Welcome welcome from a fellow collector of hobbies.

TerraNoir
May 21st, 2014, 07:10 PM

Scrawler
May 21st, 2014, 07:49 PM
:welcome:So Milton Keynes is real then. I thought it was one of those fabled places that only existed in the imaginations of new town designers and scandal journalists.

cwent2
May 21st, 2014, 09:06 PM

inlovewithjournals
May 21st, 2014, 09:40 PM

Holsworth
May 22nd, 2014, 12:08 AM
:welcome:So Milton Keynes is real then. I thought it was one of those fabled places that only existed in the imaginations of new town designers and scandal journalists.

Yes, certainly real! The subject of many jokes but I'm very fond of it. I still get lost driving around it whenever I deviate from one of my regular routes though :-)

Malcolm
May 22nd, 2014, 01:50 AM

Scrawler
May 22nd, 2014, 06:22 AM

Yes, certainly real! The subject of many jokes but I'm very fond of it. I still get lost driving around it whenever I deviate from one of my regular routes though :-)
I was going to pull your leg further, but cancelled it, because you don't know me, and might not understand the humour. I was there when Milton Keynes was announced and built.

VertOlive
May 22nd, 2014, 11:16 AM
Welcome Holsworth! Inks are just as addictive as fabric and yarn, I've found...

[From one who is a tailor on the side.]