PDA

View Full Version : For the new among us: Ink, ink, ink!

tandaina
May 21st, 2014, 08:57 PM
OK folks. I just whittled down my ink sample collection to 40. Leaving about... 40 that I need to get rid of. :pound:

So here's the deal. I will do an "ink drop" to anyone with an ink collection less than 10 bottles who would like some. I'll throw a random handful of samples into a padded Priority Mail envelope and send it your way!

To get in on the ink drop:
1. You must live in the US (sorry too expensive to send ink samples overseas).
2. You must post here about why you'd like to try some different ink.
3. Name you current favorite ink brand and color!
4. Please PM me. I can sometimes be dense and may miss posts if you don't PM me to come look. ;)

Go!

Brisboy
May 21st, 2014, 09:02 PM
I'd love to be a part of it but postage to Australia will be prohibitive. Hope you get lots of takers. :) My current fave ink is diamine syrah and I find my list of inks to try growing constantly. Ink is good!

inkyletters
May 21st, 2014, 09:26 PM
I'm still very new to fountain pens but I see that ink is going to be a large obsession for me! Right now I actually don't have any bottles, just some samples (that's how new I am!) but I have to say it's currently a tie between OS Edgar Allan Poe and Arsenic. Both are gorgeous subdued colors with amazing amounts of shading that just make me happy. Also the names just top if off for sure :)

inlovewithjournals
May 21st, 2014, 09:34 PM
Very generous of you Tandaina! :)

Lady Onogaro
May 21st, 2014, 10:47 PM
OK folks. I just whittled down my ink sample collection to 40. Leaving about... 40 that I need to get rid of. :pound:

So here's the deal. I will do an "ink drop" to anyone with an ink collection less than 10 bottles who would like some. I'll throw a random handful of samples into a padded Priority Mail envelope and send it your way!

To get in on the ink drop:
1. You must live in the US (sorry too expensive to send ink samples overseas).
2. You must post here about why you'd like to try some different ink.
3. Name you current favorite ink brand and color!
4. Please PM me. I can sometimes be dense and may miss posts if you don't PM me to come look. ;)

Go!

I'm out because I've hit 15 bottles (how did that happen?), but I do think it is lovely for you to do this. :angel:

lutebro
May 21st, 2014, 11:30 PM
I only have 4 bottles of ink at the moment so am in! I'd love to try more just to see all the different variations in color and quality. My favorite right now is Private Reserve Ebony Purple :)

migo984
May 22nd, 2014, 02:51 AM
What a great PIF Tandaina. Perfect for new fountain pen users, or anyone with just a few inks looking to widen their ink experience.

tandaina
May 22nd, 2014, 11:10 AM
Lutebro send me a PM with your address. :) who else? Going to make a post office run tomorrow so the more the merrier.

VertOlive
May 22nd, 2014, 11:13 AM
T--thank you for boosting the ink supply to the new members, very generous!

Jon Szanto
May 22nd, 2014, 01:51 PM
A very kind and generous offer. OTOH, I need more ink like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Go newbies!

SDE352
May 23rd, 2014, 04:59 PM
I have like four bottles of ink. BLUE BLUE BLUE and BLACK LOL....my favorite color is Noodler's BayState Blue....I would love to try something different like Brown...

Thanks,

HaHa I got my 1st post

tandaina
May 23rd, 2014, 05:13 PM
lol I think I can find something that isn't blue or black. ;) In fact I have very little ink that is blue or black! :P

tandaina
May 23rd, 2014, 08:09 PM
OK! I think that is all my packets accounted for! :)

alc3261
May 27th, 2014, 05:03 AM
I'd love to be a part of it but postage to Australia will be prohibitive. Hope you get lots of takers. :) My current fave ink is diamine syrah and I find my list of inks to try growing constantly. Ink is good!

I found some 2ml sample vials which make a smaller package for international ink sample sharing. Of course you do need an ink syringe for filling a converter etc.

SDE352
May 27th, 2014, 02:55 PM
OK! I think that is all my packets accounted for! :)

Thanks so much for the ink samples. They came in the mail today. I can't wait to try them out.:)

RayCornett
May 27th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the samples! I misspelled Aubergine! AND your name! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

DMurphy
June 12th, 2014, 05:36 AM
If this is still open I would like to be included. Currently I have the following:
1- Noodler's Operation Overlord Orange (My current fave)
2- Noodler'd Navajo Turquoise
3- Levenger Empy

Brisboy
June 12th, 2014, 05:45 AM

I found some 2ml sample vials which make a smaller package for international ink sample sharing. Of course you do need an ink syringe for filling a converter etc.

It's ok, I'm finding my ink collection still rapidly growing without samples. 4 bottles came in today. I'm a happy camper. :D