PDA

View Full Version : Three Indian eyedroppers

mhguda
May 21st, 2014, 10:53 PM
I have three Indian eyedropper-filled pens to pass on, and would like some help. I've been sending these out one by one and it's getting a bit expensive so I've decided to use a new approach: I will send out three to one address, and the receiver can help me spread the joy, after using them a while or not, as the spirit moves you. I only ask that you eventually keep one and give away the two others. And I'd like to hear about that.
Two are used, the third is not used. Two Serwexes and an Oliver, all with transparent barrels and number five nibs. Please post here to tell me how you will help me send these pens on. I'll make a choice based on creativity, playfulness, and how much you yourself want one of these. Some randomness may be involved as well. Once I've chosen the winner I will ask for your address by PM, and I will mail them out to you. This is open to everyone, newbie or veteran, all over the world. I will leave it up for one week, and decide on the winner on thursday the 29th of may. Thanks in advance for playing in my PiO!

RayCornett
May 23rd, 2014, 08:13 PM
I would arrange an international scavenger hunt. The one to get the list of items together first gets a pen.

mhguda
May 23rd, 2014, 09:08 PM
interesting. How would you know what the hunt would involve, such that participants anywhere would have a fair chance of winning?

RayCornett
May 23rd, 2014, 10:18 PM
I would make the list of things they had to find and acquire and they would have to prove they have them. A photo with the items should be fine. I would have to of course select items that were at least available in all the countries represented in the hunt. It would take a little research but can be done.

mhguda
May 24th, 2014, 05:18 AM
Thanks for clarifying. It's a nice idea... let's see what else develops.

mhguda
May 27th, 2014, 05:05 AM
No interest? Giving this a bump - closing in two days.

inkyletters
May 27th, 2014, 05:13 PM
My idea isn't nearly as advanced as the other respondents is, but I would pick my favorite and the other two would be given away to the people who assist my favorite charities/social experiments- moreloveletters.com and writing to serviceman either overseas or in hospitals due to war injuries. I'm not sure If I would do this with fpgeeks or my school's redefining beautiful club (specializes in encouragement) but I'd do a pen for each.

VertOlive
May 27th, 2014, 05:25 PM
I've never even seen these two types of pens; they are new to me.

Since written correspondence has become the most satisfying use of my fountain pen collection for me, I'd probably write every pen pal a letter with them, then put two up on the PIF thread in return for a letter or postcard, as I've done with a teeny batch of ink samples. That way, geeks get to try new pens and to try their hand at correspondence.

Dreck
May 27th, 2014, 06:08 PM
After choosing the one I liked best, I would post a PIF and ask for interested parties to PM for my address, and send the other two to the best, most creative (handwritten) short story (~1 page or so), poem, or limerick. Flourish-y, ostentatious writing would be much less important than raw talent & sheer effort.

I'm intrigued by Indian eyedroppers, but have never bought or tried one. If I don't like any of them, then I'd donate mine to a guy who raffles off fountain pens to fund scholarships for H/S students who want to go to college, but need help affording it.

alc3261
May 27th, 2014, 06:59 PM
After choosing the one I liked best, I would post a PIF and ask for interested parties to PM for my address, and send the other two to the best, most creative (handwritten) short story (~1 page or so), poem, or limerick. Flourish-y, ostentatious writing would be much less important than raw talent & sheer effort.

I'm intrigued by Indian eyedroppers, but have never bought or tried one. If I don't like any of them, then I'd donate mine to a guy who raffles off fountain pens to fund scholarships for H/S students who want to go to college, but need help affording it.

Shawn Newton?

VertOlive
May 27th, 2014, 08:39 PM

Shawn Newton?

Sure sounds like him...

mhguda
May 27th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I hardly think Shawn needs my eyedroppers - he himself makes such beautiful pens...

mhguda
May 30th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone, thanks for playing in my PiF effort. I've decided I like VertOlive's proposal the most, and since she explicitly says she has no experience with eyedroppers, it's a nice way to try something new. So, Olive, if you PM me your address I will post these three to you - and follow along as you pass them further along...
And to the others, thank you again for participating, and I hope you will still use those PiF ideas with stuff of your own...

Toulouse
May 30th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for playing in my PiF effort. I've decided I like VertOlive's proposal the most, and since she explicitly says she has no experience with eyedroppers, it's a nice way to try something new. So, Olive, if you PM me your address I will post these three to you - and follow along as you pass them further along...
And to the others, thank you again for participating, and I hope you will still use those PiF ideas with stuff of your own...

I think you have chosen wisely. :clap2:

VertOlive
May 30th, 2014, 02:28 PM

What? Who? Me?!

Whoa--you bet and thank you! I'll post a pic when they arrive. I promise these will become the Roaming Gnomes of the FP Geek forum!

Woot!

mhguda
May 30th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Glad you like it. I like to think of them as mathoms to be - I guess that pinpoints my age right there... (mathom: a present passed from hobbit to hobbit).

VertOlive
May 30th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Glad you like it. I like to think of them as mathoms to be - I guess that pinpoints my age right there... (mathom: a present passed from hobbit to hobbit).

Wait.....not like a RING or anything, right???? :shocked:

This is so very generous, thank you again!

VertOlive
June 22nd, 2014, 08:12 PM
Arrived just yesterday as I was about to panic. Just got them inked this evening and will post a pic tomorrow. :)

bc.hiker
June 23rd, 2014, 12:05 AM
VertOlive congrats on being chosen for this wonderful PIF!! Can't wait to see the pics soon. Have fun with them and enjoy! :)

VertOlive
June 23rd, 2014, 04:54 PM
OK, just posted my short "review" along with some questions for the general forum here:

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/7588-Four-Eyedropper-Pens?p=85083#post85083

VertOlive
August 29th, 2014, 10:02 AM
The saga continues--please see the "The Race is ON!" thread to follow these pens across the globe!