PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Have Trouble Drying out Innards of the Vac 700?

IWantThat
June 3rd, 2012, 09:23 AM
I purchased the TWSBI Vac 700 in Smoke. I love it. It writes a bit dry, so I've tweaked the nib. I'm also trying out different inks to see which works best. Because I'm trying so many, I've cleaned the pen several times already, and I've noticed that it's nearly impossible to get all the water out of the barrel. I've left it out to dry with cap off, filling mechanism extended and un-extended, and still I have water in the barrel. Maybe it's no big deal, but I'd like to get it dry. Any ideas? Have others had a similar experience?

fountainpenkid
June 3rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
dissasemble the pen and put a Q tip through the barrel. There is a vac wrench to do this with. I feel your annoyance. This is the problem with vac fillers :(

IWantThat
June 3rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
Thank you, fountainpenkid :) I had tried to separate the barrel and section but couldn't. For some reason, it came right off today. I was able to get some of the water with a Qtip. I'll try letting it air dry a bit more.

fountainpenkid
June 3rd, 2012, 02:50 PM
you can also run tissue paper through the barrel...or a fine cloth. That will get all of the annoying water out-assuming you are taking out both the grip section and the vac filler unit. And if you have the feeling that the mechanism needs a bit of grease, now would be the perfect time to lube it!

Good Luck!

Will