PDA

View Full Version : A big Hello from The Netherlands! Good to see old friends names here.

Lexaf
May 25th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Hi all,
I have been lurking around on this forum for some time. So I decided now is the moment to introduce myself.
Lexaf. Some of you already know me by that nickname, my avatar and maybe some of my postings from the FPN forum. I have been subscribing (I still am and will stay there also) on FPN for a long long time but it makes me feel good to find this other forum with a lot of features and an atmosphere that made that other forum so much fun in the old days. Not saying any more about that.

My interest in fountain pens was started already in my school years. My first FP was given by my Dad when I was -I think - 8 or 9 years old.
It was one of those cheap Italian 'syringe' fillers from the late 50's. It just vanished after it broke within one year or so. The pen I got after that I still have. Its a Chinese Wing Sung. Plastic barrel with an Alu cap, a steel imitation of the wrap around Triumph nib on the front end and an imitation of the famous Parker airometric filling system on the other end. It still works! The real virus bit me when about 20 years ago I found back my small collection of school pens in a drawer: aforementioned Wing Sung, a standard dark blue Parker 45 and a Montblanc Monterosa with metal cap, the first pen I bought for my self after I left school. Some years later I inherited my Dads Parker 51 and my father-in-law's beaten up Wearever. Then I realized I owned a collection! A classical case of being infected with the FP bug.... The interest became a hobby, the hobby became a passion. The collection grew and grew. e-Bay, pen shows, fora, books, etc. I developed some skills in repair and restoring the pretty plastic.

So here I am. It feels really good to find back so many names here I already was acquainted with in the International On Line Fountain Pen Community, so I think I will feel at home here soon.
I already looked at many interesting an educational topics, not to speak of the many excellent pictures.
It will be fun. Coming here to stay!

Cheers, Lex

RuiFromUK
May 25th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Hi Lexaf. Welcome to FpGeeks forum.

Jon Szanto
May 25th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Lex,

Oh my. Should I ask you - AGAIN - about fixing the broken piston drive on those no-name German pens?

Nevermind. Instead, I'll offer up my usual welcome to the place (and folks, this guy has some fascinating things to share!):

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

TerraNoir
May 25th, 2014, 12:37 PM
:welcome:

Frank
May 25th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Great to see you here Lexaf!

:)

carlos.q
May 25th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Welcome Lexaf to FPGeeks!!! :hippie:

Lexaf
May 25th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Thank you Jon and all others for this warm welcome!

Jeph
May 25th, 2014, 04:47 PM

cwent2
May 25th, 2014, 05:15 PM
:welcome:Lexaf. Welcome to FpGeeks forum

Buzzie
May 25th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Aloha and Welcome, and MANY mahalos (thanks in Hawaiian) for the vintage German Edel-nib you sent that graces my desk, loaded with Edelstein topaz.

caribbean_skye
May 25th, 2014, 07:05 PM
welcome welcome

VertOlive
May 25th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Welcome and glad to meet you!

Aborst
May 27th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Hi Lex,

Rendez vous in Tilburg this September?

Best wishes,

Allard

welch
May 27th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Welcome, Lexaf. Please visit Akkermans for me. Wife and I had planned to be in "the mother country" about now. She is from Den Haag. Emergency. This is a good place!

Lexaf
May 28th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Welcome, Lexaf. Please visit Akkermans for me. Wife and I had planned to be in "the mother country" about now. She is from Den Haag. Emergency. This is a good place!

# Welch,

Hi, Thanks for the tip, and nice to read that your wife could have been my 'girl next door'.
I know Akkerman, and its owner, Paul, quite well. ( No affiliation, just a satisfied customer).
Its not exactly around my corner but less than half an hour on bike away from where I live.
Akkermans is my 'home seller' for many years already. If you plan to visit them, be sure to buy some of their wonderful inks. Awsome art deco bottle and fabulous colors. I have 5 differnt colours from them: the Shocking Blue, China Town Red, Voorhout Violet, Trèves Turquose and Bekakt Haags. (For the last one in the row, ask your Dutch wife to translate...:) )

Lexaf
May 28th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Hi Lex,

Rendez vous in Tilburg this September?

Best wishes,

Allard

But of course, Allard. Still waiting for you to pay me a visit in The Hague.... :crazy_pilot:

welch
May 29th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Hi Lexaf,

Wife and daughter visited the Netherlands two years ago. She dislikes fountain pens...or is not as thrilled as I am...but found Paul to be a wonderful guy. I'm almost finished a bottle of Nassau and a bottle of Binnenhof blue. Well-packed, both bottles...have several pictures of the Binnenhof because her father worked here before they moved to the US.

Mags
May 31st, 2014, 06:16 AM
Welcome

ArchiMark
May 31st, 2014, 05:51 PM
:laser:

Oops, I meant......

From your old FPN buddy.......

Mark

Lexaf
June 1st, 2014, 09:05 AM